RT-1070 Cover for built-in?

PirateLife75

Anyone have a recommendation for a cover for the 1070 built in unit? Recteq doesn’t offer one , and a lot of the ones I’m finding online are not deep enough. Trying to find something that fits it nicely without being grossly oversized. Considering buying the 1070 cabinet cover and cutting it short….

Anyone have a recommendation for a cover for the 1070 built in unit? Recteq doesn’t offer one , and a lot of the ones I’m finding online are not deep enough. Trying to find something that fits it nicely without being grossly oversized. Considering buying the 1070 cabinet cover and cutting it short….
I have the cabinet cover, and think it is well made. If I had the built in, I would buy the regular cover and take off the extra length. Would be nice to configure some sort of tie down so wind does not blow it off. I am lucky that my 1070 is stored deep under my overhang porch as well.

I think that’s gonna be the plan, using the cabinet version ….and I like the idea of some magnets to hold the bottom down.

I think that’s gonna be the plan, using the cabinet version ….and I like the idea of some magnets to hold the bottom down.
Can you show a pic of the installation? If the bottom of the 1070 is deep enough into it's cabinet, maybe the tie down is not that important. ?

Can you show a pic of the installation? If the bottom of the 1070 is deep enough into it's cabinet, maybe the tie down is not that important. ?
Just have one this one from early in the construction

91930C12-60B4-4784-9BFD-974DC13F2AFE.png

FC0704A2-CD79-40AE-AFC9-216948DD04E6.jpeg

This is my imperfect solution for now. I have called RecTeq several times with no luck to inquire about a built-in cover, and I ended up buying the full length one anyway because I could not find a suitable alternative. It still gets pretty wet on the outside when it rains, but the pellets and grease catch stay dry this way. It doesn’t look very good though, for sure.

Without definitive timing from RecTeq on the built-in cover, has anyone explored trying a custom cover like this?

View attachment 18551
This is my imperfect solution for now. I have called RecTeq several times with no luck to inquire about a built-in cover, and I ended up buying the full length one anyway because I could not find a suitable alternative. It still gets pretty wet on the outside when it rains, but the pellets and grease catch stay dry this way. It doesn’t look very good though, for sure.

Without definitive timing from RecTeq on the built-in cover, has anyone explored trying a custom cover like this?
Looks Great!

View attachment 18551

How about taking the cover, and opening the front two seams so the front could fall and cover the whole front and drawer. that would protect the control area, but still leave the sides to drape over the open areas on sides and back.
Also, the two pics look like entirely different location and stone work??

View attachment 18551

Coming back to say that I ordered from Covers & All and I cannot recommend them highly enough. I sent in my measurements. Then, they put it into CAD, sent me the drawing and had me confirm before making it. It fits perfectly, and it's much sturdier than the cover that came with my gas grill. Highly recommend!

IMG_0168.jpeg

Looks great. Problem solved.

Coming back to say that I ordered from Covers & All and I cannot recommend them highly enough. I sent in my measurements. Then, they put it into CAD, sent me the drawing and had me confirm before making it. It fits perfectly, and it's much sturdier than the cover that came with my gas grill. Highly recommend!

View attachment 18773
Just got my 1070 and this is exactly what I'm looking for. Would you have an order number or dimensions so I can have them make one?

Just got my 1070 and this is exactly what I'm looking for. Would you have an order number or dimensions so I can have them make one?
I found this in a RT-1070 facebook group, and then I dropped it in Powerpoint to customize the dimensions. I would recommend using a tape measure to verify on your end because they can be a little different if you have the smoker sitting up a little higher or lower than me or others

Since it's not that expensive, I got the highest end "Cover Tuff" and it's excellent quality. They ship these things all the way from India, but it's FedEx and it got from India to my house in GA in less than a week... Good luck!

1678297063329.png

I ordered the cover for my Wyldside 2.5 years ago from C&A and it is just perfect, in quality, fit, price, and customer service. Can’t recommend them enough!
IMG_3653.jpeg

I found this in a RT-1070 facebook group, and then I dropped it in Powerpoint to customize the dimensions. I would recommend using a tape measure to verify on your end because they can be a little different if you have the smoker sitting up a little higher or lower than me or others

Since it's not that expensive, I got the highest end "Cover Tuff" and it's excellent quality. They ship these things all the way from India, but it's FedEx and it got from India to my house in GA in less than a week... Good luck!

View attachment 18774
Thank you. This looks to be just what I need but will check the dimensions.

View attachment 18773
If anyone is looking to order one these from Covers and All and your back depth is measuring 12" then please shoot me a note. I measured my first one incorrectly and now have an extra one. Fantastic quality and could not be happier with it. Just have an extra one that is 2" too short on the back side. Free if you can pick it up in Atlanta or just reimburse me for shipping charges and I will send it to you. It is whatever the highest end selection available is.

View attachment 18551

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back