Corn beef brisket

Beak

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
This is my second attempt at a brisket , first was a regular brisket flat , both times it came out chewy 😤 , tried malcom reeds recipe for the corn beef brisket , 590 set at 250 till brisket reached 160 degrees then wrapped it and pulled it when it reached 205 degrees , stil was chewy , do u all just keep cooking briskets till they are probe tender or is there a trick to these briskets .....everything else has come out great ...... thanks for the help

The Malcom Reed method I used said put it in a pan with water and cover
Screenshot_20210321-222005_BBQRight.jpg

This is my second attempt at a brisket , first was a regular brisket flat , both times it came out chewy 😤 , tried malcom reeds recipe for the corn beef brisket , 590 set at 250 till brisket reached 160 degrees then wrapped it and pulled it when it reached 205 degrees , stil was chewy , do u all just keep cooking briskets till they are probe tender or is there a trick to these briskets .....everything else has come out great ...... thanks for the help

I had the same results as you, twice.

I noticed the meat wasn't graded like "choice" or "select". I also noticed the meat looked like a hack job and probably wasn't suitable to be sold as a "packer" therefore went to the brining bin.

I purchased a few flats that I will follow recipe below. No more full corned beef briskets for me unless I get a monster slow cooker.

Last edited:
For a corned beef brisket, I will soak it in water for about 24 hours changing the water about every 2 hours to draw out the salt. Then I will smoke it at 180º for about 3 hours then turn up the heat to 225º until it reaches the magical IT of 160º then wrap it until it reaches IT of 200º and put it in a cooler to rest for about 2hrs and whalah, perfect brisket every time.

Thanks for the input , I also was told it has to be cut a certain way or it’s junk , I did not know that 🙁

Thanks for the input , I also was told it has to be cut a certain way or it’s junk , I did not know that 🙁
I think the cooked product needs to be cut across the grain of the meat.

Looks great!

Attachments

• pas1.jpg
    pas1.jpg
    848.4 KB · Views: 71
  • pas2.jpg
    pas2.jpg
    528.2 KB · Views: 70

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back