Bullseye Cooking Surface Height

Grillmister420

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
I’m considering going with a Bullseye, but I’m concerned that the cooking surface is too low for an average 6ft. tall guy to comfortably cook while standing. Has anyone had an issue with the height of the Bullseye?

I’m 6’1” and I wish the Bullseye cooking surface was taller, a lot taller in fact. At first I was tempted to look into one of the custom carts out there as they raise the height about 8”-10”. Then I thought about making my own riser blocks for it, but I still haven’t so I suppose I’ve become accustomed to it!

6'1" as well and wish it were taller, just haven't found the motivation to make a cart for it yet. 4-6" higher would be about ideal for me.

I’m considering going with a Bullseye, but I’m concerned that the cooking surface is too low for an average 6ft. tall guy to comfortably cook while standing. Has anyone had an issue with the height of the Bullseye?
I had the same concerns and this was one of many about the new Bullseye it being short in cooking height with me at 6'2". When the Bullseye came out I was really interested it and tried ordering it a few times only for it to be sold out after adding it to my recteq cart. At this time my Bull, Weber gassers and open camp fires are what we are using for outdoor cooking. I like cooking on the Bull the wife likes cooking on the Weber gasser and who doesn't like a camp fire. 🤪

Last edited:
6 footer too. Bullseye is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too low. About need to take a knee to see the temp display.

6 footer too. Bullseye is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too low. About need to take a knee to see the temp display.
Oh, then you would love the Bullseye (y)

It's a pellet smoker. You don't do any 'cooking'

You put the meat on, close the grill and walk away

It's a pellet smoker. You don't do any 'cooking'

You put the meat on, close the grill and walk away
The Bullseye is a grill first; if you just put the meat on, close the lid and walk away you won't be happy with what you find when you return.

The Bullseye is a grill first; if you just put the meat on, close the lid and walk away you won't be happy with what you find when you return.
Right you are (y)

That is all I do and I love how it cooks. You should know how long something takes to cook and then go look at it when you think it is ready. I grill chicken, pork chops and the like all the time and it all turns out great by putting it on and walking away.

What I just remembered. Does the sear kit have an influence on the fact that the displayed temperature is not so high? I could well imagine that in terms of circulation. Or should the temperature be higher here?

Maybe I have to look for my laser thermometer. I think the correct values must be set at the thermometer, right? The value for aluminum in the sear kit and what value do I take for the porcelain coated grate?

Surface temps and ambient air temps will vary, in the case of GrillGrates, they can be 100*-150* higher than the ambient temperature in the grill. You should use a ambient pit probe (not a meat probe) to most accurately compare to the grill’s RTD (ambient) probe. The IR gun is great for telling when the grilling surface is where you want it for a fast sear, useless to tell you how the grill temp compares to what the controller displays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back