Cooking On The 340

JJP

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Been cooking with the 340 quite a bit. The first cook was sausage and asparagus. Got a silicone grilling mat. The mat is worth it's weight. I know sausage is not that challenging but it's been raining non-stop here. Just needed to break the 340 in. Next was catfish fillets. Then pompano fillets. Both fish were outstanding with a lite smoke flavor. Then Saturday I did baby back ribs. Did a lot of study on ribs a did a 2.5, 1.5, 1 cook. They came out fine for my first ribs. Tender, good bark, good smoke ring. Next time I'll do the 3 2 1 method just to see the difference. All the cooks went well. I did get some 50 degree temperature spikes grilling the ribs, but the 340 settled down. I'll probably be grilling more fish and vegetables during the week because that's what we eat.

I have multiple grills and since getting the 340, have been neglecting the others.

I Love my Trailblazer! My wife loves it. I've done most of the cooking for years. The problem was always the cleanup. Now I just uncover the 340, use my phone to start it and set the temp, and 45 minutes later we're eating. Just pull the mat out and wash it, I'm then ready for the next cook. The KISS rule.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back