Bullseye Cooking multiple butts at once

mofoxtrot

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Has anyone ever cooked 3 or 4 Boston Butts that each weigh 8 or 10 lbs on the Bullseye at once?

As long as they fit, I don't see why not. You might be chasing temps for awhile at the start because of the cold meat in there, but should settle itself after a bit.

I have done 4 that were 7 to 8 pounds each on a bullseye. They do fit and came out good, (It was my second time ever using a pellet grill.) I did use a single half steam pan under the grate to catch drippings, no water in it.

Does the total cooking time change drastically with 2? I’ve done singles countless times. I’m cramped for time but don’t wanna cook day before if I don’t have to

Does the total cooking time change drastically with 2? I’ve done singles countless times. I’m cramped for time but don’t wanna cook day before if I don’t have to
I almost always cook them 2 at time in my Bull. I buy them in two packs and it takes the same time, uses the same pellets.

I have cooked as many as 6. That gets a little more complicated as they never seem to all get done at the same time. Last time I had 4 probe tender and check 200 degrees at 13 hours, right when I wanted them done. The other two took an additional 2 hours to get there.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever cooked 3 or 4 Boston Butts that each weigh 8 or 10 lbs on the Bullseye at once?
Many times. Nearly always do 4 at a time and vacuum seal the results into 1 lb and 2 lb bags after pulling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back