Cooked Pork Belly

Foodkid

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I cooked my first pork Belly on the RT 590. It came out delicious and tender. My wife even raved about it. It was pretty easy to do. I cubed the pork belly. Put the pork cubes in a bowl with a bunch of Asian Persuasion from RT and mixed. Then put them on the grill at 225 brushed my homemade Asian bbq sauce on them and cooked till inside temp was at about 160 degrees. Put them into an aluminum pan poured on the remaining BBQ sauce added some broccoli, carrots, and covered with Tinfoil. Cooked till inside temp reached 200 degrees, let rest and enjoyed. I attached some pics

Attachments

• 20210221_185908.jpg
    20210221_185908.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 201
  • 20210221_115506.jpg
    20210221_115506.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 62
I cooked my first pork Belly on the RT 590. It came out delicious and tender. My wife even raved about it. It was pretty easy to do. I cubed the pork belly. Put the pork cubes in a bowl with a bunch of Asian Persuasion from RT and mixed. Then put them on the grill at 225 brushed my homemade Asian bbq sauce on them and cooked till inside temp was at about 160 degrees. Put them into an aluminum pan poured on the remaining BBQ sauce added some broccoli, carrots, and covered with Tinfoil. Cooked till inside temp reached 200 degrees, let rest and enjoyed. I attached some pics
This is on the to do list, thanks for your recipe.

What's the recipe for your homemade Asian BBQ sauce?

Man, that looks good. I see whole pork bellies occasionally at Costco, but haven't stepped up to get one yet. Your process seems pretty straightforward, so I'm gonna have to give it a spin. Thanks for posting!

What's the recipe for your homemade Asian BBQ sauce?
I use everything in the pic below plus soy sauce. I can't tell you the amounts because I mix it to taste, Sorry. I will say though I do not like my sauces real sweet or thick so I use a base of hoisin sauce a good amount of rice vineger and enough toasted sesame seed oil. The heat is supplied by very little Sichuan stir fry sauce but mostly by the Calabrian chilli oil. I use the black vinegar for an umami flavor only cause my wife has a fish allergy If that were not the case I would be using red boat fish sauce

Attachments

• 20210221_090026.jpg
    20210221_090026.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 59

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back