Cooked a chicken over a pan of veggies. No clean up.

epcotisbest

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
So today I made a spatch chicken over a pan of broccoli, grape tomatoes and one regular tomato too. Also made some stuffed boneless thighs wrapped in bacon (they came off first). Anyway, the pan did not seem to affect cooking time or smoke and if anything, the skin on the chicken was crispier than usual. And best of all, no clean up other than tossing the foil. Have used the pan and rack for brisket and pulled pork as well and I like the no clean up thing. I was afraid it might lessen the smokiness of the food or alter cook times but it seems to make things easier and less messy, which I really like.

spatch chicken.jpg

chicken bombs.jpg

I did that a week ago on my 700. I had chicken thighs on the large extra shelf/rack and fresh asparagus on a big foiled sheet pan under the chicken. Really tasty and as you said little clean up. I had some clean up because the asparagus had to go on well after the chicken to avoid overcooking. The main benefit for me was that the veggies were so delish!

I did that a week ago on my 700. I had chicken thighs on the large extra shelf/rack and fresh asparagus on a big foiled sheet pan under the chicken. Really tasty and as you said little clean up. I had some clean up because the asparagus had to go on well after the chicken to avoid overcooking. The main benefit for me was that the veggies were so delish!

Yeah, these veggies came out really good with all the drippings kinda adding extra flavor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back