Bull Competition cart

Sanmanq2

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I ordered the competition cart. The first one came bent and the box was opened and in bad shape. Rec Tec sent me a new one and the box was in worse condition. Both times it was just left on my porch and I never signed for it. Anyone else have this experience

Yes. My 700 was in a good looking box. The competition cart looked like a trained chimp shipped it. Luckily I had only a couple tiny scratches that did not bother me.

I ordered the competition cart. The first one came bent and the box was opened and in bad shape. Rec Tec sent me a new one and the box was in worse condition. Both times it was just left on my porch and I never signed for it. Anyone else have this experience
Yep. The first box I got was pretty beat up, and the second didn't have much of a box left. I needed a panel from a third to get enough good pieces. Keep at it and RT should make it right.

UPS doesn't treat the Comp Cart boxes kindly, and if I'm honest they could be packed better. Maybe they travel better on a pallet with a grill then they do on their own.

Last edited:
Mine is being delivered monday with the 1250..ill see how it is packed as it will be coming with the grill

Mine is being delivered monday with the 1250..ill see how it is packed as it will be coming with the grill
Mine came strapped to the RT700. It was in good shape but the grill box looked like they had rammed it a few times with a fork lift. Luckily there was no damage.

Yep. The first box I got was pretty beat up, and the second didn't have much of a box left. I needed a panel from a third to get enough good pieces. Keep at it and RT should make it right.

UPS doesn't treat the Comp Cart boxes kindly, and if I'm honest they could be packed better. Maybe they travel better on a pallet with a grill then they do on their own.
You may be right. Mine came with the grill and was fine.

I got mine with my 700 and was fine but perhaps that's b/c it came on a pallet with all the other stuff I ordered when I first joined the RecTeq family.

No wonder it's so pricey.

Must be the worker shortage forcing RT to have trained chimps shipping them out. Chimps are expensive to train.

"Bobby, deh ever catch dat gorilla that busted out a da zoo and punched you in da eye?"

monk).jpeg

I ordered the comp cart with my rt700 hoping it was going to lift the smoker up considerably more than it actually does. Boy was I disappointed. I'm going to see if a buddy of mine will fab me up a rectangular spacer to go between the comp cart and the smoker utilizing the existing mounting holes. I'm thinking like 8 inches or so. Maybe even 10.

I ordered the comp cart with my rt700 hoping it was going to lift the smoker up considerably more than it actually does. Boy was I disappointed. I'm going to see if a buddy of mine will fab me up a rectangular spacer to go between the comp cart and the smoker utilizing the existing mounting holes. I'm thinking like 8 inches or so. Maybe even 10.
Someone else did that using PVC or wood blocks and longer bolts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back