Competition Cart Purchase?

Any chance you can point me in the direction of that example you shared?
Has anyone found an aftermarket replacement castor for the 700/1250 that will not get bent when simply rolling over the pavers on my porch? I hope there is a stronger, higher quality, castor than what RT is using.

Has anyone found an aftermarket replacement castor for the 700/1250 that will not get bent when simply rolling over the pavers on my porch? I hope there is a stronger, higher quality, castor than what RT is using.
I've been looking into upgrading mine as well with larger, more capable casters and wheels. Both of my castors bent a few weeks ago just rolling it out of my garage. Recteq was super awesome and sent me new casters and didn't even ask for pictures but I'm still looking into upgrading as I can only imagine it will happen again.

Full disclosure I did have the hopper filled to the top with pellets so it was at max weight but they should be designed to handle that.

Full disclosure I did have the hopper filled to the top with pellets so it was at max weight but they should be designed to handle that.
I agree, I don’t understand why they have not upgraded their castor wheels, they must be sending a bunch out under their warranty. The CS guy said to try to minimize moving the grill over pavers and then suggested I might want to consider buying the comp cart. Neither of those suggestions are happening since my patio is made with pavers and I am not putting another $400 into my 1250. I only move the smoker at most 6 feet when I use it.

I agree, I don’t understand why they have not upgraded their castor wheels, they must be sending a bunch out under their warranty. The CS guy said to try to minimize moving the grill over pavers and then suggested I might want to consider buying the comp cart. Neither of those suggestions are happening since my patio is made with pavers and I am not putting another $400 into my 1250. I only move the smoker at most 6 feet when I use it.
I 100% agree. If you put wheels on it, make sure they can withstand the weight of moving the item that they are on. If your response is going to be buy an upgrade or don't move it, don't supply the wheels in the first place.

There is no way that I was going to spend $400 on the comp cart for my 1250. I personally don't think that it is worth anywhere near that much to lose a shelf and be able to move it better.

When I purchased my Bull I noticed the weakest point would be the legs. I learned that from inspecting offset smokers that friends owned and how some were wobbly in many cases from transport and use. If you look at RT’s size and orientation, they just didn’t seem sturdy. In hindsight, that was probably one of the smartest “accessories‘’ I could have purchased. I can say it would have been nice to have the additional storage from the bottom shelf but that wasn’t worth the possible risk trade-off. I too have pavers and the competition cart has more than proven its worth. Sure, I miss looking at the Bull‘s ring as I haven‘t relocated it but all in all, the comp-cart has been failure free. Even when taking it on the road for community and family events.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back