Competition Cart Bottom Shelf

Thank you for the reply and pics. Your shelf looks awesome. We’re you able to use the existing holes to mount the brackets or did you have to drill new ones into the cart?
The RT-590 leg bolts are approximately 7/16 inch. The bracket body mount holes are 1/4 inch. So I had to ream out the top bracket hole to fit the leg bolt. On my two hole body mount bracket I only used the top hole. I was afraid to drill a new bottom hole in the grill body to fit the bottom bracket hole because the competition cart inner mount frame for the pellet body is real close to the lower bracket hole. RT only uses one body mount hole for their front folding shelf so I did too. It feels good and strong to me. I think the Amazon 12 inch bracket has three body mount holes

I just got the piece of wood and started painting after cutting it. 2 coats of kilz oil base to water proof it and 2 black high heat to finish and make it look nice
image.jpg

It looks like the wood shelf is going to work out for you. I used scrap material that I had left from other projects. I cut mine about 1/4” less than the cart finished measurement . Good luck , post picture of finish .

Thanks for this! I was wondering if there was any way to store things on the comp cart. My RT700 is on the way, and was thinking it'd be a nice feature to have! Preciate you sharing this! Guess im off to Lowe's to get some plywood, or look for some expanded metal. Maybe ill mount the bull on the standard legs when it comes in, then just move it to the comp cart when ready? Would that be hard to do? Comp cart looks like way more work since you have to assemble from the under side of the cart. Kinda awkward from how the install is shown in the RT video.

Thanks for this! I was wondering if there was any way to store things on the comp cart. My RT700 is on the way, and was thinking it'd be a nice feature to have! Preciate you sharing this! Guess im off to Lowe's to get some plywood, or look for some expanded metal. Maybe ill mount the bull on the standard legs when it comes in, then just move it to the comp cart when ready? Would that be hard to do? Comp cart looks like way more work since you have to assemble from the under side of the cart. Kinda awkward from how the install is shown in the RT video.
It will just be more work for you. I put my Stampede and cart together at the same time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back