Bull Competition Cart Assembly

Clay

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Very excited to have received my Bull and Comp Cart yesterday and took it to the back patio to assemble.

I downloaded the owners manual and watched the assembly video a couple of times before I began.

After an hour and a half, I went over to get help from my neighbor because I had trouble getting the screws in the holes. He’s a sheet metal worker and does commercial HVAC work, so I figured he was my best resource.

We both spent another hour filing the holes a bit larger to get the screws to fit. We got about half of them done. Anyone else have this issue?

I did reach out to support and sent pictures last night and got a message that they are sending it over to the technical team today.

So far we have stripped three screw heads and scratched the side when the impact driver jumped from the stripped screw head. I have seen several post as the “ease” of assembly, so just wondering if this is a fluke.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

My comp cart arrived in July and I didn't have any issues with holes or screws at all. The assembly was flawless.

My comp cart arrived in July and I didn't have any issues with holes or screws at all. The assembly was flawless.

Just got off the phone with support.

Sent them some pics and a video. They are sending another unit.

They said something was definitely wrong after viewing and are making it right as rain.

Disappointed I have to wait, but super impressed with the service.

Clay, Sounds like you had a bad one. My cart went together very easily. Two sets of hands and a basic power drill was all it took.

That kind of stuff usually happens to me and it sounds like we ordered around the same time. I'm hoping it was a one-off and wasn't a bad batch otherwise it's going to be a long day for me tomorrow when mine comes in. I'm not surprised they are making it right. Their customer service reputation is one of the reasons I bought a RecTec.

Clay, I had a similar odd problem with my RT-590 comp cart. One of the L beams in the frame where the grill rests on the cart was welded on the wrong way, so there were no holes for the small screws to go in on the sides - instead they were on the horizontal part of the L shape! I didn't want to wait for a replacement over July 4th weekend so I lined up the frame with the holes in the cart, used a hammer & nail to punch an indent where the holes should be, then used a titanium drill bit to create the holes. Then sprayed the new holes with high-temp black spray paint to deter rust, and was able to finish assembly. Definitely didn't count on having to do that when I got it, but realized it was an anomaly and not indicative of the high quality of the rest of the grill & cart. Good luck getting yours fixed & hopefully happily smoking along soon!

I assembled my comp cart and RT 700 last weekend. I waited until all the screws were started before tightening them all. Do not recall any mis-aligned holes.

I received mine with the RT700 grill about a month ago. I “test fit“ everything before assembly and noticed the screws for the standard/stock stand were different that the screws for the c-cart but once recognized, everything went together well. Good lick with the assembly. RT support is second to none.

Very excited to have received my Bull and Comp Cart yesterday and took it to the back patio to assemble.

I downloaded the owners manual and watched the assembly video a couple of times before I began.

After an hour and a half, I went over to get help from my neighbor because I had trouble getting the screws in the holes. He’s a sheet metal worker and does commercial HVAC work, so I figured he was my best resource.

We both spent another hour filing the holes a bit larger to get the screws to fit. We got about half of them done. Anyone else have this issue?

I did reach out to support and sent pictures last night and got a message that they are sending it over to the technical team today.

So far we have stripped three screw heads and scratched the side when the impact driver jumped from the stripped screw head. I have seen several post as the “ease” of assembly, so just wondering if this is a fluke.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I started all mine by hand with a screwdriver ( they were tight ) gave them a few turns then used a screw gun they went right in. The problem I had was with the wheels, they weren't straight when locked. two out of the four were bad, they sent me two replacements. One of those was bad and they sent another, so make sure and take a look at them

My comp cart went together fine, but when my coworker bought his he had a few issues with alignment. All it took was some strong arming while screwing and everything then aligned nicely.

Sorry to hear you had a bad one, but at least they're sending a new one! Their customer service is awesome!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back