Community

Uncle Bob

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Perhaps it's the time of year, or maybe something else is at work here, but whichever, it's very good to see. I'm talking about the sense of community and the enthusiasm of the members here. I've only been a member here myself for about seven months, and felt welcome right away. I really enjoyed that there wasn't any drama, back biting, or any of the other vulgarities that put a damper on enjoyment of an online "clubhouse" of sorts. You've each probably seen that sort of thing and how disappointing it is.

During the first few months I was here there were new folks showing up about once a week or two, they'd join in and the merry little band grew. But in the past month or so a whole bunch of you guys have gotten on the band wagon. Asking questions, planning you purchase, or agonizing about when the delivery truck would finally pull up in front of you spread. A few had some minor issues to work through once they got the assembly done, mostly with wifi stuff, but by and large each of you were just tickled with your purchase. Some have been sharing their cooks, joining in on conversations that might range a bit, and just participating in "the community".

So I want to thank Mike for taking the time and making the efforts to create an environment that we can each enjoy. Going forward I hope we can each help one another to improve our skills in back yard cooking. Hey, we gotta eat, why not make it fun too. Keep that enthusiasm going. Here's to you all...……….
enjoy the yard.jpg

@Uncle Bob There is nothing I can add to what you said other than to say how happy I am with the great group of people we have here all willing to help each other.
I was on the fence with my purchase but all of you help me to realize...JUST DO IT!
Mine will be here next week and I am glad you all are here to share the adventure with me!

Thank you @Mike for all you do for us here on the board!

Id post a pic like Bob but then that would scare the hell out of all of you. Ill post one of me with the new grill when it gets here and hopefully you all will concentrate on the grill and not the guy standing next to it...LOL

Bob...you are a true gentleman and a class act Sir. I am honored in getting to know you!

I really don't believe I can take much credit for any of this. At the end of the day it's YOU guys that make this place what it is.

I've simply presented another avenue to discuss what we all enjoy - and that's the Rec Tec brand and grilling/smoking. I feel like anyone could do that and doing it only goes so far..

It's all up to you guys that make this place what it is. To continue to come back and share your experiences, to show off what you've cooked, and to help others. If you guys weren't doing that, then RecTecForum is just an empty site.

So I agree with @Uncle Bob, this place has been picking up pretty rapidly. While it has been a TON of fun already, I certainly look forward to seeing what comes next. Not only for RecTecForum, but for the Rec Tec brand and pellet grill industry. I feel like we've only scratched the surface so far.

Thank YOU guys for everything you've done!

Sooooooo judging buy the pic that @Uncle Bob has provided.... its a "ALL MEET AT BOBS HOUSE FOR JULY 4" ....what we havin BOB... ?

How about grilled coral snake...………….I dispatched this one yesterday morning. They're small, but we've got plenty for you. ;)
coral snake dead.JPG

@Uncle Bob Your talking to the wrong guy.... I actually love snake. When I was stationed in TX for a bit I knew a guy that made rattlesnake stew....damn it was good. I have eaten things that crawled on a jungle floor so snake is a delicacy. Tell me when!

Bob - I'm scared shitless of snakes so if you don't want me standing on your roof, you gotta take care of that before I come anywhere near you :)

Bob - I'm scared shitless of snakes so if you don't want me standing on your roof, you gotta take care of that before I come anywhere near you :)

Ummmm, you're in D.C...………………………...maybe a different kind of venom, but there are plenty of snakes there by my judgement. ;)

Sounds like one of these days we need to do a community round up where we all meet some where in the US every year, smoke a bunch a meat on the RT's, drink some (insert your liquid of choice), and have some laughs.

Hmmmm. Brainstorming now hahah..

I live in Summerville, SC and would be willing to start a SC RT chapter hahah.. I retire in 2yrs so itll give me one more thing to keep me busy...

Sounds like one of these days we need to do a community round up where we all meet some where in the US every year, smoke a bunch a meat on the RT's, drink some (insert your liquid of choice), and have some laughs.

Hmmmm. Brainstorming now hahah..

I live in Summerville, SC and would be willing to start a SC RT chapter hahah.. I retire in 2yrs so itll give me one more thing to keep me busy...
That would be awesome. Plus I love the Carolina's!

Ummmm, you're in D.C...………………………...maybe a different kind of venom, but there are plenty of snakes there by my judgement. ;)
You know its sort of a funny thing living in DC. We are really not all that affected by political stuff that goes on believe it or not. There are a lot of gov't folks, but they are career folks and not appointed so don't really care about any of that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back