Bull Clicking

Arcwelder76

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Maybe I’m being a little paranoid but; I’ve just noticed the smoker clicking a little after firing it up. I brought it up to 450 for about 1/2 an hour then down to its lowest setting to brush the grates. Pulled it apart to check the auger. No blockages but did notice no pellets in the main burner but instead pellets on fire in the auger feed tube. I pulled them out and restarted. Everything works. My question is ; is this normal?

Its a super common issue when shutting down when higher than 250 with burnbacks in the auger tube which would explain that part. The clicking is most likely just the auger slightly breaking any pellets that are a bit too long. Mine does the same thing from time to time and I have no issues due to it.

A good general rule (with the Bull) is to take down to low for awhile and let the temp get down into the 200's. You don't have to let it get all the way down to 180 but at least in the 200's for a better shutdown. I don't do that on my Bullseye as I pre-fill the firepot no matter what but on the Bull, I always do this if I get into the 400's or more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back