Clicking purchase is the best feeling!!! What do I get rid of now?

Porkchop

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Just clicked purchase on a new 1250 now wondering where it will fit in my line up?

1. Homemade reverse flow stick burner
2. Big Green Egg
3. GMG Davey Crocket
4. 4 burner griddle
5. Webber silver gas grill

I need to get rid of something what's your thoughts?

Just clicked purchase on a new 1250 now wondering where it will fit in my line up?

1. Homemade reverse flow stick burner
2. Big Green Egg
3. GMG Davey Crocket
4. 4 burner griddle
5. Webber silver gas grill

I need to get rid of something what's your thoughts?
Congrats! Don't split up the family.

@Porkchop, they are all “tools.” You don’t get rid of “tools” when you buy a new and different one. If you bought a different size wrench (say, 3/4), would you get rid of your 7/16? I don’t think so.

Looks to me like every one of your grilling and smoking “tools” has a purpose. Hang onto them.

i say add a set of grill grates to the weber and have a great reverse sear setup! dont get rid of anything, you will regret it. a green egg style grill is definitely worth keeping for there versatility. the davey crocket is nice for on the go grilling. everyone needs a gas griddle so can’t ditch that. i need to know more about this reverse flow, either way its a keeper. she a whole hog kinda girl? honestly man it seems like you need grill grates and a lighter weight travel grill like maybe a weber kettle or a small gasser.

I have found that my RT-1250 handles anything that I throw at it. I use the big cast iron griddle for breakfasts and seer plates for steaks and burgers. But it would be nice to have an arsenal like you have. If I were you and had to get rid of something, it would probably be the green egg because it has a good resale value and the 1250 will handle the low and slow that the big green egg are so famous for. Just my two cents.

I am down to my new 1250 and Weber gas grill. The Weber is on it's way out, as I am building an outdoor kitchen with a Napoleon built-in. That should pretty much handle everything I need.

This has been posted by others before, but I think it's appropriate here.

I Bought A New Smoker03.jpg

i say add a set of grill grates to the weber and have a great reverse sear setup! dont get rid of anything, you will regret it. a green egg style grill is definitely worth keeping for there versatility. the davey crocket is nice for on the go grilling. everyone needs a gas griddle so can’t ditch that. i need to know more about this reverse flow, either way its a keeper. she a whole hog kinda girl? honestly man it seems like you need grill grates and a lighter weight travel grill like maybe a weber kettle or a small gasser.
I assume the reverse flow is something like this. I've wanted one of these for a couple of years but always have higher priority things to spend the money on. I like this one because you can switch it between normal or reverse flow.

https://www.amazon.com/Oklahoma-Joe...KJGBEYK/ref=pd_lpo_2?pd_rd_i=B01KJGBEYK&psc=1

I assume the reverse flow is something like this. I've wanted one of these for a couple of years but always have higher priority things to spend the money on. I like this one because you can switch it between normal or reverse flow.

https://www.amazon.com/Oklahoma-Joe...KJGBEYK/ref=pd_lpo_2?pd_rd_i=B01KJGBEYK&psc=1

Why oh Why do I keep getting suckered into this site? My wife is gonna kill me if I even talk about another smoker but this has real meaning for options and another family member!

Wolf Of Wall Street Fun GIF

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back