Stampede Cleaning the outside of 590

garmp

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. RT-300
Would it hurt the finish or anything if I used magic eraser on the outside on the stainless steel or lid?

Second the recommendation for BKF. There is a minimum of two different kinds-soft and powdered. I use both, but for painted surfaces I’d err on the safe side and use soft.

How often do you clean the stainless parts of the grill. After every cook....every other or every third?
I'm almost afraid to leave the smoke residue there too long for fear of it becoming too hard to remove.

How often do you clean the stainless parts of the grill. After every cook....every other or every third?
I'm almost afraid to leave the smoke residue there too long for fear of it becoming too hard to remove.
It all depends on the owner. I personally clean mine the day after a cook. I am a little OCD about things I own, but it is up to you. There are other threads here addressing your concerns. Happy grilling!!!

I clean my interior after every other cook. The outside gets a good wipe down after each cook but it doesn't take much of the residue off. I chalk it up to several cooks and it's broke in. I keep mine covered with a Recteq cover and a secondary cover over the recteq cover to protect it from the sun. I figure the $30 I paid for the cheap cover will protect the $100 I paid for the recteq cover.

I clean my interior after every other cook. The outside gets a good wipe down after each cook but it doesn't take much of the residue off. I chalk it up to several cooks and it's broke in. I keep mine covered with a Recteq cover and a secondary cover over the recteq cover to protect it from the sun. I figure the $30 I paid for the cheap cover will protect the $100 I paid for the recteq cover.
So, would recommend wearing two condoms? 🤣 Just busting your chops! Not sure what the issue is with the recteq covers? Mine is going on 2.5 yrs and looks the same sans all of the pollen and gets full afternoon sun.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back