Cleaning the grill

padlin00

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Does anyone have any tips as to cleaning the grill? I've vacuumed after every cook or 2 so that parts fine, it's the soot and such around the door on the stainless and the inside and outside of the door itself.

Bar Keepers Friend is what I use and was what Rec Tec use to recommend now they recommend Cameo
Screenshot_20200531-094124_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200531-094028_Chrome.jpg

thanks, I have some BKF, I'll give it a shot.
BKF is definitely "Magic in a can" alright, I clean my Bull once a week with BKF on the major unsightly stains as well as vacuuming out the fire pot and surrounding ash, etc. I'm more of a "Chrome don't get you home" kinda guy, I kinda like the patina that the smoke adds to the S/S around the lid. For that reason alone I'd never seal the lid with gasket.

Well, it's better, but far from perfect. The real baked in black around the lid is staying, no way am I going to scrub it enouigh to remove it completely. And this after just roughly 25 hours. I did pull the lid off to clean and got a better fit after reinstalling it.

Well, it's better, but far from perfect. The real baked in black around the lid is staying, no way am I going to scrub it enouigh to remove it completely. And this after just roughly 25 hours. I did pull the lid off to clean and got a better fit after reinstalling it.
Any spray on oven cleaner will get that baked in black stuff off just be careful what it gets on i.e. the painted surfaces. I use the oven cleaner to clean the Bulls light lens.

Does anyone have any tips as to cleaning the grill? I've vacuumed after every cook or 2 so that parts fine, it's the soot and such around the door on the stainless and the inside and outside of the door itself.
Any spray on oven cleaner will get that baked in black stuff off just be careful what it gets on i.e. the painted surfaces. I use the oven cleaner to clean the Bulls light lens.
I use LAs totally awesome. Just spray it on full strength and let sit for a min. And use a paper towel to wipe it off. I’ll do the outside of my grill after a couple cooks. Works really well and it’s cheap. Here in New York it’s around 3.00 a half gallon.

I use LAs totally awesome. Just spray it on full strength and let sit for a min. And use a paper towel to wipe it off. I’ll do the outside of my grill after a couple cooks. Works really well and it’s cheap. Here in New York it’s around 3.00 a half gallon.
I have also heard this LA Totally Awesome is good stuff too for cleaning these grills.

After I finally scrubbed mine off around door , i installed this. Seems to help a lot.
20200216_123242.jpg

We are supposed to clean these grills? LOL just kidding, but I do not clean mine real often. the ash is an extra layer of insulation and the grease is a badge of honor for all the past cooks.
I do clean it after every 4-5 cooks, depending on how dirty it gets. But my Bull is far from pristine anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back