Cleaning off your grates

Tried some Scotch Brite stainless scrub pads today... Hardly any pressure just straight and steady...easily cleaned the grates back to shiny perfection..no scratches. (Which isn't really an issue as far as grates).. imo.

Does anyone use a plastic bin for soaking their grates? If so, where did you get it? I cannot find one big enough.
I buy concrete mixing tubs at Home Depot. They have 2 sizes and the larger one is great for the 700 grill parts. These are heavy duty and will last for years.

I use Pam spray on grates before I cook. Keeps things from sticking and makes it easier to clean when done. I have an allergy to hard work, so want to make clean up as easy as I can.

Tried some Scotch Brite stainless scrub pads today... Hardly any pressure just straight and steady...easily cleaned the grates back to shiny perfection..no scratches. (Which isn't really an issue as far as grates).. imo.
I use the same, but also use Pam spray before I cook. Makes using scrub pad REAL easy.

Anyone try the onion tip in the Bull manual tips and tricks? Says to cut a yellow onion in half and run it across the grates when they are hot to season them.

I use citrus spray and a water hose... I always spray Pam before I start a cook with a clean set of grill grates and good to go...

Use a ball of aluminum foil or spray Easy-Off oven cleaner on your grates, seal them in a garbage bag overnight & hose them off the next day. Works wonders. tTy it!

I'm surprised a lot of you clean AFTER a cook. I just leave it on and burn it off when I start it up next time and do a quick once over with a stainless Chore Boy type scrubber with a pair of tongs.

Does anyone use a plastic bin for soaking their grates? If so, where did you get it? I cannot find one big enough.
Here’s an idea.

Attachments

• D4438BAC-C02D-4CED-8F47-E854B5BADB5F.jpeg
    D4438BAC-C02D-4CED-8F47-E854B5BADB5F.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 88
Y'all probably think I'm nuts, but I put mine in the dishwasher for normal cycle. Pull it out and hit any remaining food with a scrub bud. Return to grill.
Not nuts... I do this too, works great

hmm. i would just use a grill brush after my ol 680 got heated up. never had a problem what so ever no rust at all. i have a 700 on order, is there something different about the grates?

Looking for some tips on how to clean my grill grates off my new RT-700?

I'm currently using a bristle free brush I picked up but it's not removing everything very effectively even when warm on the cool down cycle.
Scrape the heavy stuff off with your brush and when you have the grill hot 400 degrees or so, use you bbq gloves and cut an onion in half and scrub the grates cleans, the onion also puts a barrier on the stainless to help with clean up after the next cook. I saw this from the attached video and can't believe how well it works with my new RT 700. I have done multiple long cooks (pork shoulder, briskets, etc) and the grates look almost brand new.

https://blog.grillgrate.com/2019/05/06/an-onion-is-the-best-way-to-season-grillgrates/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back