Cleaning my RT300

garmp

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. RT-300
The inside lid & body is in need of a good cleaning. Thinking about using a putty knife and a wire brush, then vacuuming thoroughly the whole thing. Any better/easier way. It is pretty caked on and just looks nasty.

thanks

The inside lid & body is in need of a good cleaning. Thinking about using a putty knife and a wire brush, then vacuuming thoroughly the whole thing. Any better/easier way. It is pretty caked on and just looks nasty.

thanks

I have seen others use a balled up aluminum foil for that but have not tried myself. Have not had that much buildup on mine to do that yet. Maybe from the higher temps I do at times IDK.

thanks
I just use a plastic putty knife on the inside lid, then vac. I save the metal putty knife for the drip pan.

I do have a plastic putty knife and a brass wire brush I guess I'll use, come the thaw. I don't mind a little built up, but think mine is getting excessive. Thanks for the help.

I do mine after a high heat cook like a pizza, the high heat seems to make a lot of the gunk flake off with the brush. By no means squeaky clean, but close enough for me. When the grate gets where I can't get it clean I do the same but throw it on the gas grill and cover it with foil.

I scrape the grease tray after each cook and then soak & wash it after about 6 or so. The grill I clean after each cook, unless cooking 2 days in a row, then wait until after the last cook. Thank goodness for Dawn Power spray!

i will second the dawn power wash spray! its fantastic stuff. i use a 6in wide metal scraper on my lid and body. i also use it to clean the grill grate sear kit

i will second the dawn power wash spray! its fantastic stuff. i use a 6in wide metal scraper on my lid and body. i also use it to clean the grill grate sear kit
Yes! The Dawn Power Wash is also especially good for getting the smoke off of the light lens (for those who have lights).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back