Cleaning inside the Bull

Plumberguy

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Mostly just using a heavy duty plastic putty knife inside the Bull. But I am getting some heavy-duty grease buildup along the shelves that the grill grates sit on, as well as the grease trap area and grease chute. Is it safe to use something like simple green heavy-duty barbecue cleaner, with a little water rinsing afterward? I know some are opposed to using any sort of commercial/chemical product inside the grill; perhaps just some lemon juice?

Mostly just using a heavy duty plastic putty knife inside the Bull. But I am getting some heavy-duty grease buildup along the shelves that the grill grates sit on, as well as the grease trap area and grease chute. Is it safe to use something like simple green heavy-duty barbecue cleaner, with a little water rinsing afterward? I know some are opposed to using any sort of commercial/chemical product inside the grill; perhaps just some lemon juice?
Hi @Plumberguy ,

1. I use a steel brush to clean the grill grates. at the same time, I will brush the entire inside top and sides of any soot. then remove them grates.
2. I will scape all the grease and flakes off the tray, then remove it.
3. I then remove the firebox to expose the fire pot and shop vac the entire inside of the smoker. If grease is crusted and built up, I will use a small putty knife the clean and making sure grease flows easily into the drop can. Make sure your drip can isn't over flowing.
4. I add a handful of pellets into the pot, then put everything back and fire it up. Works great.

I have never felt the need to use anything else to clean the inside of the grill. I just make sure all the soot is removed.

I hope this helps.

I use regular Simple Green on my grill shelf and on my cutting boards. It’s non-toxic and biodegradable. I’ve never looked the SG for grills.

@Plumberguy I use just three things to clean the inside of my RT-700 Bull.

1. Metal 3" or 4" putty knife - This is used to clean off the drip pan as well as anything that may have dripped on the drum of the grill and the edge where the grill grates rest on.

2. Shop Vac - I vacuum the inside of my grill about every other cook. Using it to clean up the edge where the grill grates go, the bottom of the drum and the fire pot. Then placing a small hand full of pellets in the pot before re-using.

3. Aluminum Foil - I will ball up some aluminum foil and clean the grill grates and have recently started using it to also clean the temp probe.

Anything that's left over is considered flavor. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back