Bull Cleaning fixed temp probe

Steve Ritter

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
What's the best cleaner to use on the stationary probe. In the Rt 700? I feel temps are a little lower than actual and think maybe cleaning is due

I use a dry 3M heady-duty Scotch Brite pad, rub the probe like using a piece of sandpaper, and it cleans up nicely. I use the same procedure on my meat probes.

What @Greg Jones said. I keep a supply of Scotch Brite pads around. I have found them to be about the best thing for cleaning smokin’ and grillin’ gunk on my grill and cooking tools.

Has anyone found that vinegar or 91% alcohol does a decent job of stripping the smoke/gunk off the RTDs? I am trying to avoid an abrasive but have a pretty decent build up going on.

That Dove Powerwash stuff works great on my Thermoworks probes after long cooks. I would suspect some on a towel would probably do the trick as well.

Has anyone found that vinegar or 91% alcohol does a decent job of stripping the smoke/gunk off the RTDs? I am trying to avoid an abrasive but have a pretty decent build up going on.
Those might work well for you, but if it’s a safe solvent you’d like to try, acetone should work better.

Just an update. I tried the vinegar and alcohol and didnt even put a dent in it. Even an sos pad didnt do the trick so I ended up having to lightly scrape it clean with a butter knife. No damage though and have a squeaky clean RTD!

Just an update. I tried the vinegar and alcohol and didnt even put a dent in it. Even an sos pad didnt do the trick so I ended up having to lightly scrape it clean with a butter knife. No damage though and have a squeaky clean RTD!
A clean RTD, is a happy RTD.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back