Chopped Brisket

Pacman,

You should actually try it. It is a little oily but not overwhelmingly so. It can be boiled before it is roasted or fried (similar to the way your prepare pork intestines (i.e., chitterlings or chitlins as we say in the south). If you have ever had squirrel mixed with ’gator tail, it will remind you of the combination. I prefer mine with a lot of pepper because it absorbs well but isn’t too spicy.
Ya’ll come on over for some supper. lol.
Zilla I think you and I would get along really well. Live in the coast in wilmington and love my chitlins,pigs feet, coon ,deer and a good stew with squirrel or just fry those bad boys.

I find chopped brisket just in its own juices awesome. No sauce needed.
Agreed with you, I love chopped brisket on sandwiches, in omelettes or scrambles, nachos, quesadillas, chopped brisket is amazing.

I always use my left over brisket for chop so no change on cooking, and if I didn't make burnt ends with the point then I'll use the point for chop or mix it in with the flat for a less fatty chop.

Typically I'm doing the chop a few days after the brisket so not only is it a normal cook but it's refrigerated(in vacuum sealed bag) and then reheated in the microwave prior to chopping.

Never had a problem with it being dry even after reheating days old brisket but I am using prime or waygu and it's been injected.

Zilla I think you and I would get along really well. Live in the coast in wilmington and love my chitlins,pigs feet, coon ,deer and a good stew with squirrel or just fry those bad boys.
If you‘re in Wilmington that’s my old back yard. I’m sure you’ve heard of Shallotte, Supply and Ocean Isle. Just a bit farther south down US17.

If you ever get to Fort Worth Texas, you must take time to stop in at Angelo's BBQ located on White Settlement road. This joint started in 1958 and for many years only served brisket and ribs. They since have expanded their menu with chicken and sausages. The main request at Angelo's is either a sliced or chopped brisket sandwich and many times both. They have truly perfected both. I do not know how Angelo's makes it chopped brisket, but all I can tell you it is very moist with sauce and flavorful. Growing up in Fort Worth, my Dad would take me to Angelo's frequently to enjoy the brisket. I now, many years later live in North Carolina where it is difficult to find a BBQ joint that serves really good brisket, so I have purchased a RecTeq RT-700 Bull and will be cooking my brisket. I know that I will not be able to even come close to Angelo's brisket, but over time I hope to perfect my cooking skills. In the meantime whenever I am close to Fort Worth, I make a special trip to Angelo's for a very special treat and to recall great memories with family and friends.

If you ever get to Fort Worth Texas, you must take time to stop in at Angelo's BBQ located on White Settlement road. This joint started in 1958 and for many years only served brisket and ribs. They since have expanded their menu with chicken and sausages. The main request at Angelo's is either a sliced or chopped brisket sandwich and many times both. They have truly perfected both. I do not know how Angelo's makes it chopped brisket, but all I can tell you it is very moist with sauce and flavorful. Growing up in Fort Worth, my Dad would take me to Angelo's frequently to enjoy the brisket. I now, many years later live in North Carolina where it is difficult to find a BBQ joint that serves really good brisket, so I have purchased a RecTeq RT-700 Bull and will be cooking my brisket. I know that I will not be able to even come close to Angelo's brisket, but over time I hope to perfect my cooking skills. In the meantime whenever I am close to Fort Worth, I make a special trip to Angelo's for a very special treat and to recall great memories with family and friends.
Been there many times, it's a short 300mi ride on the Harley. Great food.

Any Ride on the Harley is Great ride!
It doesn’t have to be a Harley! :)
77476B3B-DA62-4086-A17D-3CA1ED245F74.jpeg

Our local Billy Sims (Heisman trophy winner-Oklahoma Univ.) BBQ once told me that they use the flat for sliced, and the point for chopped (they don't make burnt ends). Looks more like pulled than chopped.
Both are good. Seems like a logical way to get the most out of a packer.

I’m late to the party but I’ve been there several times myself. I have a division of my company off White Settlement at Roberts Cutoff. Been going to the area for over 30 years at least 3 times a year to support Lockheed Martin and NAS Carswell. From the stockyards to Del Frisco’s, I eaten at over 200 restaurants in the area. I remember when downtown Fort Worth was so sketchy that you wouldn’t feel comfortable walking during thr day or after dark. They have done a wonderful job restoring the area. I liked to old Blackstone hotel (now a Marriott Courtyard) and especially miss the Ellis Pecan store. Wow, what fond memories.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back