Chilean Sea Bass

AlphaPapa

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
All,
I would appreciate any help/recipes/techniques for cooking Chilean sea bass. There is a local restaurant that puts just the right sear on it. I am not sure the best way to do that. I read an old post where someone used the sear plates (which I have) and oiled them twice, but still had trouble with the bass sticking and falling apart.

Thanks,
Tony

All,
I would appreciate any help/recipes/techniques for cooking Chilean sea bass. There is a local restaurant that puts just the right sear on it. I am not sure the best way to do that. I read an old post where someone used the sear plates (which I have) and oiled them twice, but still had trouble with the bass sticking and falling apart.

Thanks,
Tony
Would love to hear also. Happy holidays and smoking!

I was in Florida for the holidays and cooked grouper and salmon on a Weber Smokey Joe and cast iron pan. I did them both blackened. Basically just heat the cast iron until it’s smoking, add butter and throw the filet in the pan👈🏼 I was cooking 2.5 pound filets and it took about 12-15 minutes. I use spatulas and not tongs to help keep the fish from falling apart.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back