Checking in from SW Florida

ARCbbq

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Enjoying my 590. Getting used to the griddle at the moment. Went thru the seasoning process OK. Next on the agenda is a variety of breakfast things. Had lots of grill types over the years. Like the smoker a lot. Lot less trouble to manage temp.

Welcome to the group. Lot's of real good folks here willing to share. I have not used my pit as a griddle at all, so looking forward to hearing and seeing what you are creating. Maybe get me thinking about getting a griddle for my 680.

Welcome to the group. Lot's of real good folks here willing to share. I have not used my pit as a griddle at all, so looking forward to hearing and seeing what you are creating. Maybe get me thinking about getting a griddle for my 680.
Made scrambled eggs mixed with cheese and ham, onions carmelized on griddle in bacon fat, then egg mixture added. Bacon crisp. Turned out very good. Cheese has tendency to stick to spatula when turning eggs over, but not too much to the griddle. If you use two spatulas then can scrap one with the other while cooking. Griddle seasoning is improving. Pancakes and eggs tomorrow. I bought a couple good spatulas at a local restaurant supply place, then ground the edges down to get a thinner edge (not sharp), finished with fine wet/dry sandpaper to remove any sharp edges and burrs. Worked great with eggs without scraping off griddle “seasoning”. Did the same process with a thicker spatula for smash burgers, etc. Don’t want to spend a lot of time getting griddle seasoned and then scrape it off by mistake. I wonder if a stainless griddle with a squirt bottle of very light oil, like the Japanese steakhouses might work better.

Made scrambled eggs mixed with cheese and ham, onions carmelized on griddle in bacon fat, then egg mixture added. Bacon crisp. Turned out very good. Cheese has tendency to stick to spatula when turning eggs over, but not too much to the griddle. If you use two spatulas then can scrap one with the other while cooking. Griddle seasoning is improving. Pancakes and eggs tomorrow. I bought a couple good spatulas at a local restaurant supply place, then ground the edges down to get a thinner edge (not sharp), finished with fine wet/dry sandpaper to remove any sharp edges and burrs. Worked great with eggs without scraping off griddle “seasoning”. Did the same process with a thicker spatula for smash burgers, etc. Don’t want to spend a lot of time getting griddle seasoned and then scrape it off by mistake. I wonder if a stainless griddle with a squirt bottle of very light oil, like the Japanese steakhouses might work better.
Forgot to mention, ran the grill at 400 but let everything heat soak for 30 minutes before cooking. The grill might be at 400, but the griddle takes a little longer to reach temp.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back