Checking in from Redwood City, CA

rgreenberg2000

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I just placed an order for an RT-700 yesterday, so thought it would be a decent time to drop in an introduce myself. I'm a lifetime charcoal griller, all Weber the past 17 years, with some ceramic and stick burners mixed in along the way. I've been interested in a pellet grill for a while now, and decided it was finally time to pull the trigger. I'll be paring down my current arsenal of Weber grills (WSM, 22/26 kettles, SJ, Performer), and will settle things down to the Bull and my red 22" Mastertouch (I am a reformed pyromaniac, so need to keep something on hand to actually play with the fire a bit!) :)

In addition to doing a lot of our cooking on the grills, I love to create in the kitchen as well, and I'm an avid sourdough baker (pre-Covid....though I've shared starter with countless neighbors in the last 7 months!) I look forward to learning from all of you the tips/tricks to flatten the pellet learning curve, and hope to be able to share some of what I know about grilling, smoking, sausage making, etc. When I'm not grilling.....I'm a runner, cyclist, golfer, and AYSO referee. Married, three daughters (21, 19, 16), and two cats.

Just for fun, here's one of my favorite meals I've made on my Weber 26" kettle.....paella (already scheming how to do this on the Bull!):

IMG_3958.jpeg

Hope y'all are enjoying a nice weekend!

Rich

Welcome! Same as you, I just jumped into the smoker world.
Remember, Spare The Air days here in CA don't apply to food preparation ;)(y)
Yeah, I still feel a bit guilty firing up the smoker(s) when we have this heavy campfire smell going on. I know that my contribution to the air quality is probably not measurable (in any useful way), but I still skip the really bad days! :)

Just got my shipment notification on my Bull, so I'll spend the next 10 days or so watching it cross the country! :)

R

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back