Casualty!

KRedman

Though shall not partake of decaf
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Forgot about a pizza last night, and when I went to remove the pizza oven to clean it today, crash.

CE56A7E2-E846-4908-9730-FC0EC35B138D.jpeg

dang it! i really liked your pizza oven setup. hopefully parts are available
I know, me too. I read somewhere where somebody used a pizza steel in it and got even higher temps. Guess I’ll start looking around.

Really sucks this happened but I have to say it looks like that stone is pretty heavy duty. Been eyeing this setup for a while now. Would be nice to have.

Sorry for your loss. she looked like she was just getting well seasoned. As an alternative, I‘d check Grill-Grates. They have standard and custom sizes and they work well on my Bull. I’ve had mine up to ~670 degrees with no problems. Plus, they are reversible.

I want to get a pizza steel. I'm so worried about cracking my stone with too much heat.

Really sucks this happened but I have to say it looks like that stone is pretty heavy duty. Been eyeing this setup for a while now. Would be nice to have.
They’re great to use and we can bake a 10-12" pizza in 5 minutes.

Sorry for your loss. she looked like she was just getting well seasoned. As an alternative, I‘d check Grill-Grates. They have standard and custom sizes and they work well on my Bull. I’ve had mine up to ~670 degrees with no problems. Plus, they are reversible.

I do have the grill grates. With this pizza oven, it get up to 800° easily. Perfect for pizzas!

I want to get a pizza steel. I'm so worried about cracking my stone with too much heat.

I always assumed these stones were specifically made for high heat. Now thermal shock or gravity drops, not so much.

As a FYI, I managed to warp a pizza steel once on a BGE, so they may do the same on a Bullseye in Riot mode.
Do you know what gauge it was and at what temp it warped?

not sure about a pizza steel but when we bought our kitchen pans that are stainless we were warned to heat them slowly vs full power. unless boiling water or something that will absorb the heat. the said the instant heat is what can warp them. so i would expect the steel would work ok just may want to heat is slower than the stone. that may explain why some people like my self have badly warped deflectors and others have flat ones after years of use.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back