Bull Cart Top for Original Legs?

Aquaman95

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I'm looking for ideas or a source for a top for my OEM cart legs that came with my 700. They are the new style but I got the competition cart so have no use for them. I think they would make a great cart rather than tossing them and I've seen reference to a fellow by the name of Gene Gauger selling a SS top for them but I can't find him. Can anyone help? Or any other ideas?

There are 4 people by that name listed on facebook, first one is a retired sheet metal worker...……...hmmmmmmmm

Thanks, Uncle Bob. I'm not on Facebook. Looks like that decision has finally worked against me.

So did you end up making the cart? Any pictures? Have a Bull and competition cart on the way and was wondering how the cart looks.

I'm looking for ideas or a source for a top for my OEM cart legs that came with my 700. They are the new style but I got the competition cart so have no use for them. I think they would make a great cart rather than tossing them and I've seen reference to a fellow by the name of Gene Gauger selling a SS top for them but I can't find him. Can anyone help? Or any other ideas?
I’m workin on this Butcher Block table using RT-700 cart and DeWALT 40in drawer

Attachments

• 44822B32-C155-4C02-A065-4C052CC04C0B.jpeg
    44822B32-C155-4C02-A065-4C052CC04C0B.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 194
Some of you people, its not fair. I can't saw a board straight!
Very nice work both of you.

Reactions: NCF
Looks great! How did you attach the drawer?
Thanks. I made a rectangle frame using wood 2x2 to keep legs in position (could use metal channel with pre drilled holes) then bolted frame at top leg holes using four 3/8 bolts and added four L-brackets. Then centered drawer cabinet and marked L-bracket holes at bottom. With drawer removed and cabinet upside-down I will drill holes and installed bolts from inside cabinet into L-brackets. To be noted, as you can see in photo the current table height is 32 inches. I’m evaluating this work height and may make it higher maybe 34 or 36 inches by adding more wood at leg top frame support below drawer cabinet. When done I will place four three to six inch four sided wood close out around upper legs to hide skinny portion of upper legs. I will attach another photo when complete and table top is treated and sealed.

Last edited:
My cart with a butcher block top and homemade drawerView attachment 8156
Nice woodwork with drawer. I could not find a kit to do that so reason I went with DeWALT drawer which provides large drawer and having more black surface area to complement my Bull and Weber Summit. Your wood drawer table height looks very low

Last edited:
I'm also not on facebook, anyone have an email address or website for this guy or can they tell him to pop in to the forum and this thread?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back