Pork Carnitas InstaPot

Jarrow

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Found this recipe online years ago and it always turns out. Crisping it up in the pan is the key.
0EDCAE73-4529-447A-B08B-C908DE35550A.jpeg
E7E6455A-4C91-46A7-89CF-43002206768B.jpeg

Dang its so good! The picture doesn’t do it justice. The flavor is so good, that smokey chipotle flavor with the subtle cinnamon flavor along with the chewiness and crispiness. Throw some in a taco along with cotija cheese, a squeeze of lime, some cilantro and maybe some pickled red onions if you want.

You gotta try it. I don’t think I’ll bother spending 12-14hrs making pork shoulder.

I'm always in line for some carnitas. That looks fantastic. Maybe I can stop by for a quick dinner taco tonight?🤷‍♂️

You might also consider some cumin in the next batch. Many of the recipes I ran across and some restaurants I've been to have had cumin in the carnitas.

I asked my wife and we both agree that it doesn’t need cumin. Seriously its so freakin’ good. I bet you $50 that this recipe is B-O-M-B. Again, they key is crisping it up in a pan.

If you’re in the WA area you’re more than welcome to stop by and have some tackos. 👍

I asked my wife and we both agree that it doesn’t need cumin. Seriously its so freakin’ good. I bet you $50 that this recipe is B-O-M-B. Again, they key is crisping it up in a pan.

If you’re in the WA area you’re more than welcome to stop by and have some tackos. 👍
Wife and I like the crunchy stuff too. We made smoked pulled pork tacos last night. We had a happy hour in our culdesac last evening and when we came in, I spotted a little 8 oz vac pac of pulled pork in the freezer. We were having tacos within 20 minutes.

I'm gonna have to take a raincheck on the tackos. I'm down in southern California. Last time I was up there was on biz for Boeing.

Wife and I like the crunchy stuff too. We made smoked pulled pork tacos last night. We had a happy hour in our culdesac last evening and when we came in, I spotted a little 8 oz vac pac of pulled pork in the freezer. We were having tacos within 20 minutes.

I'm gonna have to take a raincheck on the tackos. I'm down in southern California. Last time I was up there was on biz for Boeing.
I’m originally from NorCal so you and I definitely know what we’re tacoing about. 😉

Just a few questions. Does the whole orange go in while it’s cooking? Approximately how much salt do you use and are the dried peppers put in and removed at the end or crumbled and kept in the pork? What kind of peppers do you recommend? Thanks.

No argument about the results above. A number of us have used carnitas recipes like yours and used it as a marinade/injection into the pork and smoked the meat. Best of both worlds! Bark is a pretty good substitute for crunchy stuff, but I've definitely done the "Crisp meat in pan after" with my smoked carnitas.

The only things I did different than your recipe is that I marinade in fresh squeezed orange juice and add a Mexican Coke

Just a few questions. Does the whole orange go in while it’s cooking? Approximately how much salt do you use and are the dried peppers put in and removed at the end or crumbled and kept in the pork? What kind of peppers do you recommend? Thanks.
I just did squeezed OJ, meaning I squeezed two oranges. I leave the chipotle peppers in and this time I didn’t use any dried peppers. Salt to taste

Tossing the oranges in the IP after squeezing would probably add at least more aroma to the dish.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back