Careful what you ask for...

SmokeOCD

Just updated the app (Apple) - and I'm getting notifications. I think I've only gotten one or two previously, in the two months that I've owned the grill.
So as I am carefully dragging the slider to set the temp on the grill - I guess I dragged too slowly, I kept getting notifications that it will notify me when it hits temp.
And it did for a change. Yay! ( I could have gone without the extra half-dozen bings, but it's still an improvement)
Now I need to test if it will notify with the probes. Just doing Sausages right now - I never probe those.

I know on the android app I have been getting more notifications than I did before. "Grill is heating up", Grilll is at set temperature". When I turned it down, "grill is overheating". Also recieved notifications for the probes as well.

Just updated the app (Apple) - and I'm getting notifications. I think I've only gotten one or two previously, in the two months that I've owned the grill.
So as I am carefully dragging the slider to set the temp on the grill - I guess I dragged too slowly, I kept getting notifications that it will notify me when it hits temp.
And it did for a change. Yay! ( I could have gone without the extra half-dozen bings, but it's still an improvement)
Now I need to test if it will notify with the probes. Just doing Sausages right now - I never probe those.
I get both on iOS but not on holidays for the most part. Moving that slider will ping you all over. 😄 I like using the type in temp boxes now that it is available.

Let us know how it goes and happy eating.

Wow! I got notifications about the grill temp; 5* food warning approaching temp, cooling down notification when it overshot as I flipped the chicken. First time ever - I still don't trust it, but it's kinda cool. :p
I'll use it as an assistant to cooking, but since there is the internet and overwhelmed servers involved I can't rely on it the way some of you can with your aftermarket remote thermometers.
Still - big improvement for Recteq!

I got notifications last week and then got another update then they stopped again. :rolleyes:

I was very happy with the app that I put on my android a couple Christmases ago. It was easy to increase the temperature with the tap. Now with the iOS app and the slider I overshoot my target and undershoot it and it seems to take a lot of finger movements to get it where I want it. I apparently have an older version and I get notifications and ding ding ding as I’m trying to get temps the way I want them. Probably should just leave bad enough alone.

I got notifications last week and then got another update then they stopped again. :rolleyes:
Another seamless app update. 😏 I work with a software company that breaks more than they fix with each update. Only takes one typo to mess up the line of code or the logic. Hopefully a fix is coming soon, without collateral damage.

I have iOS ver. 2.0.6 and I can tap the temp setting number and type in the temp I want. You shouldn’t have to slide anymore on iOS, unless you want to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back