Cannot get 380 to light

RecTeqDan

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
I have a brand new 380 that I set up last evening. I cannot get it to light so I can do the first startup. The fan is blowing and the auger is turning. There are chips in the basket. The starting rod is about 1/8 inside the tube. When I run the self-test after I get the 8888 I get a 01.03 rather than the 01.01 that the manual says I should get. I am probably missing it but I cannot find anything to suggest if the 01.03 is a problem or not. I see how to adjust the starting rod but it really is close to the end of the tube and I even put pellets sticking slightly into the tube to shorten the distance if that is an issue. I would appreciate any suggestions.

I have a brand new 380 that I set up last evening. I cannot get it to light so I can do the first startup. The fan is blowing and the auger is turning. There are chips in the basket. The starting rod is about 1/8 inside the tube. When I run the self-test after I get the 8888 I get a 01.03 rather than the 01.01 that the manual says I should get. I am probably missing it but I cannot find anything to suggest if the 01.03 is a problem or not. I see how to adjust the starting rod but it really is close to the end of the tube and I even put pellets sticking slightly into the tube to shorten the distance if that is an issue. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Move the igniter rod towards fire pot about 3/8 to 1/2 inch. (extended beyond tub

Psycho, thank you very much. I have it sticking out now and it did light and the temperature is starting to climb. I appreciate your timely expertise.
My pleasure.
Enjoy your new grill and welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back