Canadian Bacon

tpack

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
This was my first attempt with Canadian bacon. Kroger had boneless pork loins on sale for .99 cents lb. so I pulled the trigger. I used the recipe from the AmazingRib.com website. I brined the pork for 8 days. I rinsed off and soaked in fresh water before smoking for 3.5 hours till an internal temp of 150 degrees.
full-8162-294901-cb2.jpg

full-8162-295891-cb7.jpg

full-8162-295884-b6.jpg

full-8162-295889-b7.jpg

[/quote]

Looks great!

That looks fantastic! How did it turn out? Any unexpected surprises, or pretty much follow the recipe and make good bacon? I've been tempted to try this myself.

That looks beyond amazing, I also admire your commitment, 8 days brining is intense and serious. I think this is the site? Amazing Ribs and thanks always looking for good sites!

Also, what did you use to slice that it looks perfect!

Last edited:
That looks beyond amazing, I also admire your commitment, 8 days brining is intense and serious. I think this is the site? Amazing Ribs and thanks always looking for good sites!

Also, what did you use to slice that it looks perfect!
I used an 8" Victorinox chef knife. It also helped that I was a butcher for 25 years. I still have skills. LOL

It also helps to let it sit in the fridge over night before slicing.

That looks fantastic! How did it turn out? Any unexpected surprises, or pretty much follow the recipe and make good bacon? I've been tempted to try this myself.
No surprises. I do wish I would have added some fresh jalapeno halves for some heat though. My wife would not have eaten it if it were to hot, so I did not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back