Stampede Canadian Bacon on 590

Sully1546

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Used the 590 last night to smoke a pork loin and make canadian bacon. Cured it for three days in salt, water, brown sugar, maple syrup, pepper, bay leaves, etc. Smoked 225 for about 2.5 hours. Delish!

Attachments

• PXL_20210324_003634754.jpg
    PXL_20210324_003634754.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 126
That looks great. I’ve never cured anything. What’s the full curing recipe

Quart of water, 1 cup kosher salt, 1 cup maple syrup, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons pink salt (curing salt), 4 bay leaves, 3 cloves garlic, and 1 tablespoon peppercorns. Mix that all up on medium heat until dissolved. Let cool. I put the pork loin in a zip lock back and put the mixture in. Seal the bag with air out. Let sit for three days. Take loin out and rinse and soak in fresh water for at least thirty minutes. Smoke @ 225 until 150 internal temp. Rest, cut, and devour.

Quart of water, 1 cup kosher salt, 1 cup maple syrup, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons pink salt (curing salt), 4 bay leaves, 3 cloves garlic, and 1 tablespoon peppercorns. Mix that all up on medium heat until dissolved. Let cool. I put the pork loin in a zip lock back and put the mixture in. Seal the bag with air out. Let sit for three days. Take loin out and rinse and soak in fresh water for at least thirty minutes. Smoke @ 225 until 150 internal temp. Rest, cut, and devour.
Thanks for posting your recipe. (y)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back