Can you use the RT Small Interior Shelf to smoke a brisket?

It's difficult to say for certain without knowing the exact dimensions of the interior shelf of your Weber SmokeFire EX6 Gen 2 pellet grill. However, based on the dimensions of an 11-12 lb packer brisket, it is possible that it may not fit on a single small interior shelf.

If you don't want to modify your pellet grill or use a third-party shelf, one option would be to separate the point and the flat of the brisket and smoke them separately. This would make it easier to fit the brisket on the shelf and also allow you to manage each piece separately for optimal cooking.

Alternatively, you could try placing the brisket directly on the main grilling grates, but this may impede air flow and affect the bark. If you do try this method, make sure to keep an eye on the temperature and cooking time as it may require adjustments due to the difference in placement.
Another good indication of a bot account is when mention irrelevant devices like’Weber SmokeFire EX6 Gen 2‘ in every post they have in recteq discussions. I’m seriously asking-does anyone know why these accounts are set up in the first place? I don’t understand the purpose other than to scam people, but how on a forum like this one? They used to include links in the posts, but I don’t see that done anymore.

I would like Gene contact email as well if it’s possible. I have a 590 and that second shelf looks handy!

Just installed a slide-out shelf from PCS Rack Works. Seasoned it up with spraying it with avacado oil then ran it for 45 mins at 400. Pic is pre-seasoning...Sunday I'll throw some thick cut bacon on the shelf to break it in and for more seasoning. It's not SS, btw.
View attachment 18001
I don’t see a drip pan. Is it out because of pre-seasoning?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back