Can you erase the history in the Recteq app?

DesertRat

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
So it’s a little after 5 AM and my 8 pound bone in pork butt is concluding its first hour on the smoker. I’m about to go out and spritzer it but first I have a question about the app. Is there a way to erase what I will call the history? I had not used the smoker for about two months, which is a first for me. I thought I had cleaned it up before I put it away as I pride myself on keeping it clean, but apparently not as I got my first fire while trying to grill on it. So I’ve got the spikes in temperature that shows on my chart.

Now I’m doing this butt at 225 and the temperature chart has this big spike of several hours ago when the fire occurred. Is there a way to delete that?

And while I’m at it, my A probe is not showing up either in the app or on the 590 control panel itself. B does. Any ideas there? Thanks.

My apologies if anyone saw my question about the probes. I came back and edited it.

44984833-8383-4432-8D05-D211F05B19AC.jpeg

Last edited:
What @SmokeOCD said and as far as clearing the temp. history, if you can I have not found it in the app.

Goofy stuff is going on. Initially I got no reading from the A port. The B port worked fine for several hours. My cook was up to 178 if I recall per the B port. A very few minutes later it was reading in the 230° range. I checked with my Insta read thermometer and it showed 178 or so. I switched back to the A and now it is working and sending what is a reasonably accurate internal temperature. I will see this sudden rise from the B port occurred just as high winds or receding. But I’m in a sheltered area per the picture if I can get it in here.

Goofy stuff is going on. Initially I got no reading from the A port. The B port worked fine for several hours. My cook was up to 178 if I recall per the B port. A very few minutes later it was reading in the 230° range. I checked with my Insta read thermometer and it showed 178 or so. I switched back to the A and now it is working and sending what is a reasonably accurate internal temperature. I will see this sudden rise from the B port occurred just as high winds or receding. But I’m in a sheltered area per the picture if I can get it in here.

7AAB1CE2-634B-47AF-B647-26B1AD7948A4.jpeg

I don't know why the probe didn't work to begin with but it sounds like you may have a bad probe. Check the probe by moving the wire and wiggling it in different spots while keeping an eye on the readout. If any thing changes then your probe is bad.

If you have not calibrated the probes yet, do that. The probes are port sensitive once calibrated. Probe A is calibrated to Port A and only used in Port A. It may read different in Port B. The same with Probe B and Port B. You can adjust the calibration if necessary on the grill. Here is the calibration procedure. Meat Probe Calibration

Hope this helps

Last edited:
I use a calibrated reliable digital probe (inkbird) for meat temps.
I use 1 of the RT probes next to Ink bird on grates to verify pit temps is all

I don't know why the probe didn't work to begin with but it sounds like you may have a bad probe. Check the probe by moving the wire and wiggling it in different spots while keeping an eye on the readout. If any thing changes then your probe is bad.

If you have not calibrated the probes yet, do that. The probes are port sensitive once calibrated. Probe A is calibrated to Port A and only used in Port A. It may read different in Port B. The same with Probe B and Port B. You can adjust the calibration if necessary on the grill. Here is the calibration procedure. Meat Probe Calibration

Hope this helps
I didn’t know that! I fried one of my probes a year ago and have not replaced it. The current one is now working in A but I believe I’ll get a new pair and put little tags on them so I know which is the A and which is B. I’ve not calibrated either, but will do that as well. What I do find is that the probes are within 3 to 5° of my two independent instant read thermometer’s.

@DesertRat I use Thermoworks Silicon Probe Spool to store my probes when not using them. They are magnetic and stick to the hopper. I put them there when using the probe. I store them in a container on the cart shelf when not in use. 1 for each probe - Red is A, Yellow is B. I also have a "flag" of the same color tape on the probe connection end of B ( I don't have any red tape at this time) in case the wife disconnects the probes and doesn't pay attention to which is which.

I had the same issue as DesertRat with erratic temperatures. Customer service had me check the nuts and I found both were loose ! Tighten them both up and end of problem!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back