Can I replace my Genesis 310?

Ssheridan74

I’ve learned that the RTs are the best pellet smokers. I’m curious if I can replace my Weber Genesis 310 and Char Broil electric smoker if I get one? Still want to be able to grill burgers quickly during the week and then smoke on weekends. Thanks in advance!

It all depends on what you have planned to cook and how you like it. For smoking, personally I say no. You just don't get the smokey flavor that you get from a stick burner. So if you like a really smokey flavor, which I do, then I haven't been able to achieve it on a non modified pellet smoker. I've got a Weber spirit which I kept. It doesn't get used as much now but I do use it for things like steaks. Also comes in ha the pellet grill for cooking hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken and pork chops. Also experimenting with other meats/veggies all the time. I also have found that it is more expensive to operate the pellet grill fuel wise. I can't get the great deals on the good pellets around here. I"m looking at around $15/bag for 20lbs. That will last me a month or 2 on the pellet grill. 1 usually get 4 or 5 months out of a propane tank on the weber grill.

So I've got a stick burner, pellet grill and my weber spirit grill.

I ended up getting the RT-700 for big/long cooks and the RT-B380 for the fast daily cooks. I'd say the B380 acts more like your genesis. Sold my genesis!

Personally I like the RT as a smoker but not a grill. I came from a Weber bullet and do find the RT's smoke lighter but I bought it for it's ease of use, I'm good with the trade off. I do still use the kettle or Genesis for grilling, however many are happy grilling on RT with Grill Grates so it's a personal choice. I sold the Bullet but the grills are staying.

I just bought a Napoleon a few months the back to replace a dead gasser. Definitely keep the Weber. You will find yourself still using it.

Keep them all(y)

I Bought A New Smoker03.jpg

I’ve only fired my gasser up once in two years and that was to clean it. I have a kamado Joe and a blackstone and just ordered the rt-700 to replace a worn out master built 40”.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back