Buy Again?

I also bought the 1250 for the upgrades and in my option they are well worth it. I use the front folding front shelf every cook. I use the upper rack to cook on almost all the time even when I do not need the extra space for what I am smoking, lets me put a drip pan under what I am smoking. Also use the electrical outlet to keep my ThermoWorks Signals unit plugged in and not have to worry about the batteries running out on long cooks. At the time I bought the 1250 it had the higher RPM auger motor than the 700 had and it had the cast iron heat deflector which the 700 did not. Lets not forget the 1250 also has the dual band WiFi feature which the 700 did not. I have not had a single problem except for having to replace two caster wheels in a year and a half, the downside of having to move it back and forth over pavers every cook, not a big problem they are very easy to replace.
"Did not", but from what I read has now? Mixed posts about the newer models including the 700 having dual band. This from this group here.

I find the second rack useless when cooking larger/taller meats. It's great for wings and smaller stuff, but not for larger/taller cooks. I had to rest it on my brisket and shoulders during my first cook. The clearance is BS

The shelf again was limited to what I was cooking. places taller things like sauce containers on it made it difficult to open the lid. I liked it, but could add it on cheaper than upgrading to the 1250.

The outlet is nice, but most of us are close to other outlets to plug another item in.

Again, I think the 700 is a far better value. The upgrade to the 1250 didn't make sense for my style of cooking, but if you plan to cook veggies, wings, fish, etc it makes sense.

I am looking for a new pellet grill. I have narrowed the list down to three.

Pit Boss Competition 1250
Recteq RT 700
Smokin Brothers Premier Plus 30

These are $699, $1199, $1699 respectively. My question is would you buy the RT 700 again, or spend less, or spend more for American made? I know a few people personally with each model and all are mostly happy with each. Whatever I end up with will spend most of its time on an uncovered deck. Just looking for a little advice before purchasing. Recteq I would have to ship. I can go get either of the others in an hour or so. Any ideas?
I would buy my 700 and 1070 again

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back