Butt Cheating

Arcwelder76

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
A few months ago my co workers and I discovered a great combination in the pork world. A tenderloin roast mixed with butt. I’m trying to recreate this with a 8-10# butt and 6ish # tenderloin on the 700 today. Any suggestions on how to cheat time wise? I really don’t want to do the whole 12 hour plus way. Thanks in advance

Smoke for a few hours then IP Pot (pressure cooker). 6 lbs is probably a loin. Tenderloins are tiny.

All good; turns out pork butts are pretty hard to screw up. Both the loin roast and butt turned out great. Pulled the loin off at 170* and butt @190*. Shredded/diced both and combined, added sauce done. I really like the combination of light and dark meats.

Loin will shred? I really thought it was too solid for that , having no fat. Unless in a pressure cooker.
In keeping with the off the rails turn this thread has taken, I would like to say I'm glad you didn't screw up your butt this weekend! ;)

Loin will shred? I really thought it was too solid for that , having no fat. Unless in a pressure cooker.
In keeping with the off the rails turn this thread has taken, I would like to say I'm glad you didn't screw up your butt this weekend! ;)
Loin will shred. My wife would put one in a slow cooker for the day. Used the "bear claws" to shred it.

He did put a 6lb loin in it😂

Smoke few hours at low temp, wrap in foil with little bit of vinegar based sauce and jack temp up to 350-375. Can prob get completed in 6-8 hours using this approach

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back