Burn in problems on rt590

Now, if they did a whole bundle of their rubs, id be smiling!:)

That totally sux! But, I was curious. What goodies did they send you? Besides the part. Did they make it worth your while?
two things of rub. was it worth my while as some would say or think? No...i mean at the end of the day, I'm not out to get free stuff and they probably seen i bought damn near every add for the 590 besides the cover. they were great and apologized for the situation. But waiting for the grill after it showed up an hour down the road for 4 days because i was last on the delivery route, then this happening pretty much sucked! so the replacement part and a bottle of Heffer dust and Jodys Asian rub still had me bitching for 2 days to say the least, and now i still find myself frustrated.

That totally sux! But, I was curious. What goodies did they send you? Besides the part. Did they make it worth your while?
I got some rubs, all weather vents, cooking mats. I would happily trade the freebies for a product that worked out of the box. It's like buying a new car and the engine threw a rod when you cranked it for the first time and they throw in some free floormats for your trouble. Bummed.

I got some rubs, all weather vents, cooking mats. I would happily trade the freebies for a product that worked out of the box. It's like buying a new car and the engine threw a rod when you cranked it for the first time and they throw in some free floormats for your trouble. Bummed.
Hahah, fact! Boy, if this was a car I'd be at a new dealership. Ray did get back to me, so I respect the hell out of that. He's making this situation right?

Exactly what happen to me, yes sir. Then after i removed the pin, tried to get the leftover shaft piece out i ended up pushing it into the auger. Side note, those two little screws on each side of the auger housing were so tight i couldn't manually turn the auger, losened just a tad, now i can freely turn it. This makes me think that was the culprit. Are you able to turn your auger by hand? I even sent pics to Ray Carnes, seems may be a manufacturing flaw now possibly...idk
So I have one coming. Reading all this. I’m guessing that I should make sure the auger turns by hand before start up?

Interesting all the research I did the last couple weeks, did not see this one come up. I have a new 590 coming next week, with a bunch of add ons. I sure hope this isn't a quality control issue coming up with the pandemic and all going on. Two brand new ones right off the bat and missing hardware. I get it, things happen, but makes me question what I got coming too. Hmmm. Well, at least the customer service is shining.

So I have one coming. Reading all this. I’m guessing that I should make sure the auger turns by hand before start up?
You will not beable to turn the auger by hand, it's a gear reduction motor that drives it. I would make sure it turns before putting pellets in the hopper using the settings button on the controller.

I would just make sure it rotates when you turn the grill on..lol. somehow the motor spline that connects to the actual auger sheared in half. easy change, frustrating on a new grill but shit happens.
You will not beable to turn the auger by hand, it's a gear reduction motor that drives it. I would make sure it turns before putting pellets in the hopper using the settings button on the controller.
I was talking about the actual auger it self, not the motor. when the two were separated I should have said.

Last edited:
Interesting all the research I did the last couple weeks, did not see this one come up. I have a new 590 coming next week, with a bunch of add ons. I sure hope this isn't a quality control issue coming up with the pandemic and all going on. Two brand new ones right off the bat and missing hardware. I get it, things happen, but makes me question what I got coming too. Hmmm. Well, at least the customer service is shining.
you'll be fine man. be excited and stay positive, if it wasn't for bad luck id have no luck haha

The auger motor shaft literally sheard in half, when i took bottom cover off the whole unit came flying out
Mine looks just like yours. How did get the auger out without having the motor to use as leverage the way it shows in video?

Attachments

• 342694C1-B2EE-427B-A228-2437C1C9F62B.jpeg
    342694C1-B2EE-427B-A228-2437C1C9F62B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
Mine looks just like yours. How did get the auger out without having the motor to use as leverage the way it shows in video?
This happen to you as well? what in the world man. If your referring to the pin that shearded, i pulled the pin and used a magnet from my tool box.

Was this also on a brand new grill?
The pin didn’t shear. The end of the auger sheared. If you look in the photo, the cotter pin is still in place. (Apparently they aren’t using shear bolts any more.) My grill is 4-5 months old.

The video online demonstrates using a claw hammer behind the auger motor to dislodge the auger. That’s not possible when the auger motor broke away from the auger.

The pin didn’t shear. The end of the auger sheared. If you look in the photo, the cotter pin is still in place. (Apparently they aren’t using shear bolts any more.) My grill is 4-5 months old.

The video online demonstrates using a claw hammer behind the auger motor to dislodge the auger. That’s not possible when the auger motor broke away from the auger.
Thats the pin that is attached to the auger motor, that isnt the auger shaft. I had the same thing happen to me. Thos pins are known for shearing. Just pull the cotter key and that piece thats inside the auger shaft will fall right out. Its best to use a magnet so you dont push it through.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back