Burn in problems on rt590

ModernRec

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Recieved grill today, super excited! Put hand full of pellets in fore oot, set to 400. Its only buring what i put in. Auger isnt putting pellets in at all...?? Using rectec pellets.

Recieved grill today, super excited! Put hand full of pellets in fore oot, set to 400. Its only buring what i put in. Auger isnt putting pellets in at all...?? Using rectec pellets.
Any tips??

Try to spin the fan of the auger a little and it may start turning. Sometimes after sitting they can get a little sticky.

Ok, dumb question...take the front plate off? Behimd the controller face ?
Yea, so all fans inside are spinning and turning on when i power the grill on...i called into rec tec, waiting for a call back which sucks.

What was it?
The auger motor shaft literally sheard in half, when i took bottom cover off the whole unit came flying out

Attachments

• 20200424_154029.jpg
    20200424_154029.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 120
  • 20200424_153454.jpg
    20200424_153454.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 110
WTF is right. I wonder if the auger is stuck and therefore the sheared shaft.
How disappointing....
Hang tough, RT will make it right.

WTF is right. I wonder if the auger is stuck and therefore the sheared shaft.
How disappointing....
Hang tough, RT will make it right.
Yea, idk...very disappointing to say the least. I was able to rotate the pin which in turn turned the auger shaft and it spun/turned...what cause it to shear is beyond me...defect in the mold i think. Wait till next week now for the new motor.

Wow, I had not seen that with a brand new machine. Don't remember ever hearing of the auger shaft to snap like that. Really sorry to hear. I know you reached out to RT. Did you try to call Ray directly with the number that came with the unit. Pretty sure with something you experienced he would get everyone right on it, if they have not done so already.

Wow, I had not seen that with a brand new machine. Don't remember ever hearing of the auger shaft to snap like that. Really sorry to hear. I know you reached out to RT. Did you try to call Ray directly with the number that came with the unit. Pretty sure with something you experienced he would get everyone right on it, if they have not done so already.

There sending out a new motor, still mind blown on what happen. Its just my luck though. I didn't get Rays number, thought about sending him some pics on through fb messenger.

Last edited:
Agter I looked I do have there numbers..lol. i overlooked there laundry list of #s provided outside their business one.

I just had the EXACT same thing happen to my brand new trailblazer during burn in this morning. Very frustrating to say the least. Nothing like taking apart a brand new grill and fixing it yourself. Waiting on part to arrive next week. I will say Rec Tec customer service took care of me. Got a few goodies heading my way.

No way!? I was venting to my wife about it still this morning. I dont know if mine sheared when it initially turned on or what. Sorry your facing the same issue, once is a fluke, twice is a trend...maybe. I sent photos in and they were so confused, got the part out same day (yesterday with some additional consolation gifts lol)

Just gotta wait now

Your pics are almost identical to what mine looks like. I think mine broke as soon as I turned it on too. There were no pellets in the auger tube it just burned what i primed in the pot and then the temp flatlined.

Exactly what happen to me, yes sir. Then after i removed the pin, tried to get the leftover shaft piece out i ended up pushing it into the auger. Side note, those two little screws on each side of the auger housing were so tight i couldn't manually turn the auger, losened just a tad, now i can freely turn it. This makes me think that was the culprit. Are you able to turn your auger by hand? I even sent pics to Ray Carnes, seems may be a manufacturing flaw now possibly...idk

Attachments

• 20200424_153454.jpg
    20200424_153454.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 95
I didn't get that far yet I was trying to figure out in my non engineering brain how the failed part works. They did offer to send me a new grill but the hassle of sending it back and the assurance of easy install of the motor swayed me. I appreciate the heads up on the screws I will definately check that out. Keep me posted on your install. Hopefully we will be up and running soon.

Will do, definitely check how free the auger turns before the new install. You would think they ops check the components prior though, hopefully its a one time occurrence and very curious if i get a response from Ray!

I think you will. I actually talked to him last night because I was missing nuts for the lid and started calling all the numbers on the packaging. I am confident they will make it right one way or the other.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back