RT-1250 Burn in on RT1250 something wrong?

Crystal

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I received my RT1250 yesterday and just did my burn in. 400 for 1h. My drip pan looks Burnt and black and the grates feel somewhat “tacky”.. I don’t know how I’m going to get this pan cleaned, I feel like something went wrong maybe, is this normal??

When I did my burn in my drip pan did not get burned and turn black, you did have the heat deflector installed for the burn in correct? I washed the racks with soap as directed before I put them in for the burn in and they were not tacky. I would wash the racks off with soap and get the tacky stuff off before cooking on them. Can you clean off the drip pan, if not I would call CS at Recteq.

Last edited:
This is what it looked like after I tried scrubbing it clean once it cooled down. I contacted support and they said it must've been the grease from manufacturing. I was just worried cause I feel like it shouldn't look this bad considering I haven't even cooked anything yet 😏

Attachments

• 20210909_083854.jpg
    20210909_083854.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 193
This is what it looked like after I tried scrubbing it clean once it cooled down. I contacted support and they said it must've been the grease from manufacturing. I was just worried cause I feel like it shouldn't look this bad considering I haven't even cooked anything yet 😏
Cover it with some foil and no one will notice.

I washed the rack and drip pan before installing. I did not have any issues like those mentioned.

Although...my first cook I did without foil on the drip pan. I have since learned my lesson.

What did you use to scrub it? If it bothers you, you can try soaking it with vinegar first and see what happens. If that doesn’t work, you can try soaking it with a good polar aprotic solvent like acetone, loosely covering it with aluminum foil for a few minutes (acetone is volatile and will dissipate), and try scrubbing it again. If that doesn’t work, there are a few other options out there.

What did you use to scrub it? If it bothers you, you can try soaking it with vinegar first and see what happens. If that doesn’t work, you can try soaking it with a good polar aprotic solvent like acetone, loosely covering it with aluminum foil for a few minutes (acetone is volatile and will dissipate), and try scrubbing it again. If that doesn’t work, there are a few other options out there.
I bought some easy off oven cleaner. Worked great and got it back to looking like new again 😅
I then put foil and did my seasoning cook with bacon and chicken thighs. All good so far!

I bought some easy off oven cleaner. Worked great and got it back to looking like new again 😅
I then put foil and did my seasoning cook with bacon and chicken thighs. All good so far!
Great!! Happy cooking!

I received my RT1250 yesterday and just did my burn in. 400 for 1h. My drip pan looks Burnt and black and the grates feel somewhat “tacky”.. I don’t know how I’m going to get this pan cleaned, I feel like something went wrong maybe, is this normal??
Mine burned clean and looked fine. I did put aluminum foil on before burn in in case anything did drip but aluminum was clean as well. Could some plastic been left on grates.?

I just received my recteq rt1250 and I’ve tried to burn it in but it shuts off when it hits 350. Is anyone else having this concern?

I just received my recteq rt1250 and I’ve tried to burn it in but it shuts off when it hits 350. Is anyone else having this concern?
That should not happen, is it on an GFI circuit, if so is the GFI tripping? Either way you need to call RT. They will work with you step by step to troubleshoot and get you replacement parts necessary sent out to you. Let us know how this was resolved.

Recteq customer service is amazing. My RT1250 when burning it in would only get to 350 degrees and the auger would stop. Fan continues to run but cools dow. Customer service spent all day with me trouble shooting and we are starting with a new auger motor. The RT1250 looks amazing and is built like a tank. I’m sure we will get my smoker running like a champ. I was thinking it might be the controller but we will see what happens when I install the new auger motor.

Mine burned clean and looked fine. I did put aluminum foil on before burn in in case anything did drip but aluminum was clean as well. Could some plastic been left on grates.?
No grates were clean. I should have just put foil but oh well. All is good now and working great!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back