charlesrshell

Pellet Grill Rookie
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
The Bullseye manual has been updated. Page 13 now has Test Mode and Settings section. When performing the Test Mode what happens when the test fails? Do you get codes of some kind?

In the Settings section how do you do the math for the RTD offset ranges? I have watched the Recteq videos explaining the temp settings but not sure what to do. If the control panel ambient temp is 225 but your 3rd party ambient temp probe says 275 what do you change the control panel offset range to read? Is the meat probe configured he same way?

Attachments

• Bullseye Test Mode and Settings Page.pdf
    403.6 KB · Views: 439
  • Bullseye Test Mode and Settings Page.jpg
    Bullseye Test Mode and Settings Page.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 660
Start at -18, see what happens. 18% less than 275* is 225*. I’ve never played with these settings myself, so let us know if that is ballpark close..

Start at -18, see what happens. 18% less than 275* is 225*. I’ve never played with these settings myself, so let us know if that is ballpark close..
Thanks Greg. But how did you do the math? I am lacking math skills. Got my Signals ordered.

I think you need to go plus 18 if memory serves me correct. RT has a video about setting the probe temps on the Bull. It's the same principle. I went plus 20 (i think) on mine its much closer.

I think you need to go plus 18 if memory serves me correct. RT has a video about setting the probe temps on the Bull. It's the same principle. I went plus 20 (i think) on mine its much closer.
Absolutely correct, my mistake. I’ve edited my post, and here is the link to the YouTube video on calibrating the controller.

Absolutely correct, my mistake. I’ve edited my post, and here is the link to the YouTube video on calibrating the controller.
Thanks Greg. I was getting ready to find the video. I had watched it earlier. I could see positive or negative would be correct. But I am learning. LOL

How about the meat probe calibration? The range is +10 to -10. Is this actual degrees calibration or percentage range adjustment?

Attachments

• Bullseye Test Mode and Settings Page.jpg
    Bullseye Test Mode and Settings Page.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 104
  • Bullseye Test Mode and Settings Page.pdf
    403.6 KB · Views: 140
@Greg Jones can you help me with this question? Thanks
Honestly, I do not know. If I were attempting to calibrate mine, I’d pick one or the other and test it. It’s easier to do with the probes-test them in a glass filled with ice and water, tweak the setting, repeat.

Personally, I’m not that picky with the accuracy of the temp probes. I just want them set to notify me in advance of my desired temp so that I know when to start checking the food temp with my Thermapen. Yesterday I smoked a turkey breast, put a probe in each side. One side hit 160* before the other hit 150*. The difference was due to placement, not a problem with calibration.

Honestly, I do not know. If I were attempting to calibrate mine, I’d pick one or the other and test it. It’s easier to do with the probes-test them in a glass filled with ice and water, tweak the setting, repeat.

Personally, I’m not that picky with the accuracy of the temp probes. I just want them set to notify me in advance of my desired temp so that I know when to start checking the food temp with my Thermapen. Yesterday I smoked a turkey breast, put a probe in each side. One side hit 160* before the other hit 150*. The difference was due to placement, not a problem with calibration.
Thanks @Greg Jones. I just watched the video. For the meat probes the range calibration is actual degrees. Personally, I don't use the meat probes anymore. I found they were a PITA and then you have to clean them. I use a Mk4 Thermapen too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back