Bullseye Temp issues now.....lol

jonny_comfort

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
So I made a post earlier about the meat probe. Well, I am going to call RT in the morning about it. In the meantime, I cleaned out the grill and fired it up to reverse sear some thick steaks I picked up today. Well, Even with the temp set at 350 I cannot get it to go over 165, and then it even dropped slowly. It's up to 170 right now but I fired it up over a half hour ago and have never had it take this long to get hot. I'm only trying to get it up to 250 for starters, but as I mentioned, raising up the temp setting does not change the results I'm getting. It's 68 and breezy outside, no rain, and I cannot think of what would cause this. The pellets are fresh and everything appears to be feeding/working correctly except it won't heat up to temp. What am I missing?

So I made a post earlier about the meat probe. Well, I am going to call RT in the morning about it. In the meantime, I cleaned out the grill and fired it up to reverse sear some thick steaks I picked up today. Well, Even with the temp set at 350 I cannot get it to go over 165, and then it even dropped slowly. It's up to 170 right now but I fired it up over a half hour ago and have never had it take this long to get hot. I'm only trying to get it up to 250 for starters, but as I mentioned, raising up the temp setting does not change the results I'm getting. It's 68 and breezy outside, no rain, and I cannot think of what would cause this. The pellets are fresh and everything appears to be feeding/working correctly except it won't heat up to temp. What am I missing?
Contact RT.

Check my previous posts. I had exact same issue. You need the new controller. I thought to myself it was an auger or ignitor issue, but sure enough just the controller change and boom I'm in business again. They sent me a new one under warranty. 15 to 20 mins to replace...maybe less if your fingers aren't sausages.

It has to be a controller issue. My 380 goes to temp quickly. I did a cook yesterday at 32F and windy outside. From freezing to 500F in 8.5 minutes. My controller version is 1.03.
That is the latest shipped version.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back