Bullseye bullseye temp fluctuations

Redeye

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
was doing a low cook at 225 and bullseye was fine then temp shot up to 368 stayed there for about 10 minutes then came down to 225 for about 15 minutes then started climbing again. recteq said the the auger might be clogged up due to some over sized pellets I would think that a clogged auger would mean a lower temp but I dont know any one have this problem. also this was first time i used a drip pan that covered the whole bottem dont know if that was problem I usually vacum out the fire pot before a smoke and I didnt this time mabye that was it Im at a loss any ideas would welcome

Of late, it seems my Bulls-Eye overshoots the set temp initially, but once I open the lid and put the burgers/steaks on, it settles down. I am currently using the pellets from Sam's, but doubt that should be the reason for this behavior. Am going to clean the internal probe, before the next cook.

Have you checked your lid vents to make sure they are clean? They start to get clogged and can mess with temps.

2 years on my bullseye has consistently been inconsistent, just like posts about major temp swings noticed by new BT-380 owners. If you want a grill that can get really hot the bullseye is great, if you want stable low-medium temps then maybe one of Recteqs other units might be a better fit.

Of late, it seems my Bulls-Eye overshoots the set temp initially, but once I open the lid and put the burgers/steaks on, it settles down. I am currently using the pellets from Sam's, but doubt that should be the reason for this behavior. Am going to clean the internal probe, before the next cook.
That’s exactly what mine does but I mostly use recteq pellets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back