Bullseye Runs Hot

Lager1829

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
Has anyone used a third-party temperature probe on the Bullseye to compare the grate-level temp to the displayed actual on the unit? I used a Maverick and it shows around 100 degrees higher than the Bullseye display. I tried it several times at various temps and various lengths of time. Customer service tells me there's nothing wrong and using a Meater or Maverick etc. will give varying results due to the more direct heat.

I cook chicken thighs on the 590 at 400 and get golden brown and 190ish internal between 30 and 40 minutes, depending on the size of the thighs. I tried the same on the Bullseye and the thighs were done much quicker and the skin was nearly burned.

The 590 is consistently within 25 degrees or less depending on the set temperature when I check with the Maverick.

Mine runs hotter as well. I adjust the temp I set to get the temp I want. So far so good.

I bought the ThermoWorks Smoke thermometer which should be super accurate. I was doing ribs the other day and it was reading somewhere around 248-255 consistently with LJ hickory pellets. And the temp was set to LO which should be 200 per RecTeq. So, long story short, it runs hotter by around 50 degrees or so than what you set it on. It kinda sucks if you want to smoke at 225 lets say, because you will never hit this temp on 380 model. It will always be higher.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back