Bullseye keeps stalling out

Buckeye1

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
  2. Bullseye
happy Thanksgiving all!

So two nights ago Bullseye started up just fine. Go to temp of 225 and then just started to drop temp pretty fast then got a code ER-2 I believe. Started back up and did same thing.
Yesterday I cleaned the vents - pretty clogged
Vacuum fire pot
Started back up to do a burn off at 500. Checked a while later grill roaring at 650. Turned down to 225 temp started to drop. Then put into shut down mode.

Any ideas what to check next?

Also how does everyone keep those vents clean?

Thanks Greg. I’m gonna check bridging, Hopper is full so I will mix them up. I’m also gonna wipe off the temp probe.

My biggest complaint on this grill are the vents. I can only image on the new 590. Wish they had a butterfly vent on top like a Weber.

So I cleaned the probe and sat out side on this beautiful fall day to watch the bullseye run while cooking the turkey on the Trailblazer. The grill rose in temp steady but in my opinion slow. Once it hit 175 it started to drop again. So I opened the hopper and stirred the pellets, the temp seemed to rise. So the hopper was full to about to the top. Next I removed pellets until I got the the safety grate level. Went back to the chair, couple sips of wine, and man the grill ramped up like normal, held temp for 10 minutes. I opened the lid to simulate putting food on. Closed lid and grill settled in for 3o minutes before I shut it down. Pretty weird, but I got a good buzz, listened to some George Strait and enjoyed a beautiful day outside.

My opinion is to remove the saftey grate. It's nothing but a CYA for RT in case some fool or a kid gets gets their finger in the auger. Tho as slow as it turns I don't see how that's possible. I think it would take a lot of stupid to do it.

My opinion is to remove the saftey grate. It's nothing but a CYA for RT in case some fool or a kid gets gets their finger in the auger. Tho as slow as it turns I don't see how that's possible. I think it would take a lot of stupid to do it.
I have taken the screws out of it and then placed it back In sitting on top of the screws. For some reason I think the weight of a full hopper caused feed issues😩

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back