Bullseye auger speed

Hogman3

Military Veteran
My Bullseye is still new to me (one week) and I’ve seen posts elsewhere talking about changing the auger speed from the factory preset of 3.0 to 7.0. Why is this necessary and what benefit does it provide? I have played with the temperature offset (there was a 100° difference between my ThermoWorks temp probe and the Bullseye probe initially) and got it to read much closer. It’s funny that I never concerned myself with temps that much on my Weber kettle, which has no digital readout for temp. lol

The minimum feed rate (not really auger speed) is the minimum rate pellets can be fed into the fire pot. If you are having trouble maintaining consistent low temps you can lower the minimum feed rate to help steady the low temps. The auger can still feed at its highest capability and it won’t affect high temps. You can get into trouble with flameouts if set too low. If your low temps are stable there’s no need to mess with it. Both of my grills are set to 3 and work well in our 90-105 heat.

It is funny how people want exacting temps when just about any type of grill or smoker have fairly wide fluctuations and still put out good food. Home ovens fluctuate quite a bit as well but we want our pellet grills rock steady!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back