Bullseye Bullseye arrived with some damage

Powercat

Watched the idiot FedEx driver drop it off his dolly 3 times while bringing it up my drive. Was on a phone call so I could not reprimand him. Sure enough there was cosmetic damage inside. Not horrible, but hey, it's my new grill. If anyone ois going to beat it up, it's going to be me. My question is, how good is RT in dealing with these issues. Also should I have concern about the PID after being dropped a few times?

I would take pics of the box, unpack and see if there are any issues. If it works fine, then all good, if there are problems RT is very good about warranty issues, I think the BE has a 2 year warranty.

I would take pics of the box, unpack and see if there are any issues. If it works fine, then all good, if there are problems RT is very good about warranty issues, I think the BE has a 2 year warranty.
Don't forget to reprimand the FedEx driver.

As I mentioned, I was on a work conference call and could not get to him. We never have a consistent driver.

It appears fedex is no better at delivering RT grills than UPS was delivering mine. Mine was slightly damaged(the bottom shelf was slightly tweaked) because it was in a truck rollover.

I would agree with "Pops". If there is no damage, it might be a blessing in disguise. My BE was my first pellet grill. Got it all assembled, and got ready to do the burn-in. Did not know any better, but the fan did not immediately come on, and it did not start up correctly. Called Support, and the guy asked me if I had picked up the hopper end, and dropped it ? I said NO, and he said to try that. Fan came on. He said that on the long boat-ride from China, they have had the grease on the fan motor harden up. the "drop" breaks the grease clod loose. Fedex could've helped you........just kidding. Good Luck !

I must say that RT customer support has been very accomodating in helping me fix the problem. Responded quickly. Offered options, and were very professional. They are sending out parts for me to fix and should arrive tomorrow. Offered some complimentary stuff if I wanted to fix myself, but also offered to send prepaid freight to my home, pick up, and then deliver me a new one. I chose to fix myself, and I have had a few good cooks in the process. PID was my highest concern, and so far has been flawless. Love how this heats up fast, which was a priority for an everyday grill.

I just need to learn the right temps if I want to maximize smoke, and what pellets provide that. It seems you get good smoke between low and 250. After that, no so much. I am using Pit Boss competition blend, and have tried Royal Oak all charcoal pellets, hoping for a better charcoal taste. I may have to use a smoke tube, which I need to try out the new one I bought soon.

Last edited:
This was my delivery on May 5th. Fortunately, only the box was damaged.

Attachments

• 149E521E-7288-4D07-A390-97FADB4A02B2.jpeg
    149E521E-7288-4D07-A390-97FADB4A02B2.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 74
My first one was lanced by a forklift, sent it all back.
Second unit, grill survived (1070) but the cabinet did not.
Still waiting to hear back from RT, their support is slammed today.

Wonder if they're just getting angry calls about their app not working or if Estes dented up every grill they've shipped recently.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HunterC
Back