charlesrshell

Pellet Grill Rookie
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
What is the procedure to perform 0-400 wings on the Bullseye? Be as detailed as much as you wish. What rubs, sauce, need to turn, etc. Thanks for any help.

Sorry.. have not tried this or have a Bullseye. Hopefully someone that has will be along soon to offer some insight.

I haven't tried it yet, but want to try it. Here is one of the videos that I have found. I don't think the 0-400 is specific to the Bullseye, I think it's more designed for pellet grills in general.

I haven't tried it yet, but want to try it. Here is one of the videos that I have found. I don't think the 0-400 is specific to the Bullseye, I think it's more designed for pellet grills in general.

Thanks @Chevys10zr2003. I will check it out later when I get a chance.

Looks like you still need a way to crisp them when cooked if that's your target, mine go over directly over the coals on the Weber Kettle with the coals as hot as I can get them.

Watched the video. Think I will try out 0-400 wings this weekend if the the weather is good. Thanks again.

Interesting. You know the Bullseye is the best smoking grill on high heat for me. The reason being is that I place wood chunks over the perforated holes of the deflector plate. Once up to 400° for a short period the wood chunks begin to smoke quite well. I can choose whatever wood smoke flavor I want easily this way, too. Typically mesquite for beef, hickory/cherry for pork and apple/pecan for poultry. I do cut the bigger chunks down to desired sizes with my band saw, which this stretches the bag of chunks out to last a long time. They create a lot of smoke at high heat, but if I want even more smoke, I'll open the lid briefly to allow more oxygen in to get them really going. Once the wood chunk(s) get going with good smoke I can lower the grill temp to whatever I want. With lid opened long enough, the chunks will ignite for me so I can really sear steaks and such really well also. It takes a little practice working with the wood chunks, but they come in very handy in my Bullseye. I use them practically with every cook for that real wood grill flavor. I never soak them in water.

I would be concerned about placing wings on a nasty grill grate where roaches and rats may have ventured since the last cook.

Bullseyes chicken wings 0-400. Turned wings 30 minutes from start. Took off at one hour. Wife said they turned out awesome. Skin was crisp. All they had on them was Roars Night Out White Lightening. LJ hickory pellets. Nice and fast cook. I liked it.

Attachments

• Cook 31 Oct 2021.jpg
    Cook 31 Oct 2021.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 125
  • Cook 31 Oct 2021-1.jpeg
    Cook 31 Oct 2021-1.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 114
What is the procedure to perform 0-400 wings on the Bullseye? Be as detailed as much as you wish. What rubs, sauce, need to turn, etc. Thanks for any help.
Doing my first attempt but I saw put wings on cold grill and start grill at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes, so I’ll let you know in about a half hour. I just put Tony’s on mine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back