Bull Bull Wi-Fi

fooodchampdave

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hey all! I got my Bull about a week and half ago. Can’t get it to connect with Wi-Fi. I have at&t, have logged in to the router, and can’t seem to turn off the 5G to connect to the 2.4g. Am hoping to call recteq this week if time allows. My wife is currently working from home and does a lot of video conferencing, so can’t disturb that. If anyone has a solution, would love to hear it.

Also, for those who are comp cookers, do you try to connect while at a comp? If so, do you bring a router and just create a dummy Wi-Fi?

Still learning the Bull,
Dave

I like my networks to have the same name, not sure if you do this. I also could not quickly figure out how to turn off the 5G, so I renamed it, got everything connected on the 2.4G, then changed the 5G back to original name. Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Dave, on your AT&T router, is it possible to create a new Wireless SSID/network? If so, you could create a dedicated SSID for your RecTeq, and I would expect that in the process of setting that up, there will be a feature (possibly on an "advanced" or "radio" tab) that will allow you to restrict that SSID to the 2.4GHz band only. If you can do that, then you can play with the settings on that SSID to your heart's content without messing with your wife's usage of your primary, dual-band SSID.

Just a thought.....

Rich

As as twist on @rgreenberg2000 ‘s suggestion, if your router allows you to create a ‘Guest’ network, my understanding is that those are all 2.4 GHz by default. That’s what I did on my router, no problems.

As as twist on @rgreenberg2000 ‘s suggestion, if your router allows you to create a ‘Guest’ network, my understanding is that those are all 2.4 GHz by default. That’s what I did on my router, no problems.
This is exactly what i did. I am also on ATT Uverse and tried splitting the 2.4 and 5 bands. It worked, but it caused some issues. ATT network didn't quite like it and I was being reminded to combine the names into one. So I opened up the guest network which is by default on the 2.4 and connected the Bull that way. Works great.

Try to contact a professional. I think those guys who conducted the Internet for you should help you. My friend had a situation, the Internet was working very slowly. He tried to search for the answer on the Internet. Many people wrote that the reason may be in a weak router. He called the guys who installed the Internet for him and described the situation. A guy came and changed a friend's router. After that, the guy went to 192.168.1.1 and configured the network. Then the guy asked him to check the Internet speed and everything really started working faster.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back