Bull drip pan mod

Nurse Focker

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I bought a roll of high temp oven liner from Amazon, and used office paper clips to hold it to the drip pan edges. Cut the liner to length, put paperclips along the top edges and 2 on the side along the bottom lip it sits on.

The grease flows off and hits the bucket perfectly with little clean up work at the end. I use a paper towel to wipe it off. The highest temp I have set the grill to is 350 and it's holding up great. I know others have done this, I don't get credit for the idea, but I blieve I'm the first to say use paper clips to hold it to the pan. After this picture was taken I also cut the half moon hole on the bottom right side of the pan out too.

PXL_20201126_161359461.jpg

Hey nothing wrong with that 👍. I was planning on joining that club but figured this was even easier. So far no scraping necessary.
Might get into trouble with a grease fire. I would imagine that'll melt to the pan.

I bought a roll of high temp oven liner from Amazon, and used office paper clips to hold it to the drip pan edges. Cut the liner to length, put paperclips along the top edges and 2 on the side along the bottom lip it sits on.

The grease flows off and hits the bucket perfectly with little clean up work at the end. I use a paper towel to wipe it off. The highest temp I have set the grill to is 350 and it's holding up great. I know others have done this, I don't get credit for the idea, but I blieve I'm the first to say use paper clips to hold it to the pan. After this picture was taken I also cut the half moon hole on the bottom right side of the pan out to

The grease flows off and hits the bucket perfectly with little clean up work at the end. I use a paper towel to wipe it off. The highest temp I have set the grill to is 350 and it's holding up great. I know others have done this, I don't get credit for the idea, but I blieve I'm the first to say use paper clips to hold it to the pan. After this picture was taken I also cut the half moon hole on the bottom right side of the pan out too.

View attachment 7406
Based on the width of the liner, you clearly must have used more than one sheet to cover the entire pan. I have a RT340 and 19" foil does not cover the entire pan. What grill do you have? In the picture, I cannot see where you may have a seam between more than one sheet. Thanks.

I've done both with and without. I use the wide Reynolds wrap. Instead of overlapping the sides, I just crush it down inside the sidewalls. Very little grease gets to the edges. Going without is fine but more work scraping it down and messy. When going without foil I do like the idea of scraping into the grease trough after every cook, as it is fast and easy to push the grubbles down the spout and into the grease bucket ( with a Ball Jar in it).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back