Brisket Points

Waterboy

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
I’ve been looking for brisket points but haven’t been able to find them…until today. My wife told me she saw two brisket points at WinCo when she went shopping today. Why she didn’t pick them up I don’t know but I ran right down and bought them. I‘m usually asked to make Kansas City burnt ends when I do a brisket but I like point slices. Now I can cook up a point for burnt ends and still have those fatty slices!

They’re big but look pretty good And I thought $4.48 per lb. wasn’t bad for just the point.
654FB859-6743-45FC-BFE4-8ACF12CCD9E9.jpeg

That's an awesome pick-up. I've never ever seen brisket points for sale around me. I would buy one in a heart beat if I could find one for that kind of price.

Great find I too am on the hunt for just the point but never see them. Anyone know where they go because I see flats only all the time?? Please give us an update on your cook I need all the help I can get.

That's an awesome pick-up. I've never ever seen brisket points for sale around me. I would buy one in a heart beat if I could find one for that kind of price.
I always wondered where all the points go from all the flats they sell at Costco. I will ask the meat department next time I stop there; I would buy them to smoke some burnt ends. After smoking I cut it up in 1-1/2 - 2" chunks, put BBQ sauce on them, then put them in the over on broil for a few minutes.

Great find I too am on the hunt for just the point but never see them. Anyone know where they go because I see flats only all the time??
I'd guess in the prepared foods. Flats get you the big money and use the rest elsewhere to increase profits. Sams and Costco have brisket burgers and prepared brisket (heat and eat) in the frozen foods section.

I’ve checked with several meat suppliers and haven’t found one yet. I hope this isn’t a one and done.

I’ll definitely report back on the cook. I’ve never separated the point and cooked it separately but I know others here have, so I’ll try to glean some tips from those posts.

I’ve checked with several meat suppliers and haven’t found one yet. I hope this isn’t a one and done.

I’ll definitely report back on the cook. I’ve never separated the point and cooked it separately but I know others here have, so I’ll try to glean some tips from those posts.
Look for "Deckle"

Good find. Thanks for sharing.
Apparently WinCo can order points.
I wonder if they are on the butcher's order sheet at my local store... I'll have to ask.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back